3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I thought it was maybe a Moroso gasket like the transmission pan gasket I’m using. Super high quality, it’s metal, vulcanized with rubber.
You must be registered for see images attach

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I thought it was maybe a Moroso gasket like the transmission pan gasket I’m using. Super high quality, it’s metal, vulcanized with rubber.
Interesting. They do look similar. I don’t think there is any steel in the oil pan gasket, just rubber and two crush washers for the studs at the rear.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the block painted. The old valve now live on as wall art after they were used to cover.. well, the valves during painting. This is some high temp black paint, different from the Dupli-color I used elsewhere. I forgot to mention that yesterday I set valve lash.

Some bad news, I thought I ordered the last of the parts from rock auto but the order didn’t go through. I checked today in a panic and it turns out that when I was checking out I didn’t enter my phone number and it held the process up. The parts would have been here today. Instead they will be here on Friday. I need plug wires, P/S pump, and a starter solenoid. All of which were going to cost an arm and a leg locally. No big hold up, I guess.

Tomorrow I need to:
- remove studs from the flange on the Y pipe
- check fitment of the flex plate
- install the rear main seal
- install the last two freeze plugs
- hang manifolds
- prime the engine - I made a priming tool out of an old distributor

Tonight:
- assemble TBI
- clear coat valve covers and air cleaner

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the block painted. The old valve now live on as wall art after they were used to cover.. well, the valves during painting. This is some high temp black paint, different from the Dupli-color I used elsewhere. I forgot to mention that yesterday I set valve lash.

Some bad news, I thought I ordered the last of the parts from rock auto but the order didn’t go through. I checked today in a panic and it turns out that when I was checking out I didn’t enter my phone number and it held the process up. The parts would have been here today. Instead they will be here on Friday. I need plug wires, P/S pump, and a starter solenoid. All of which were going to cost an arm and a leg locally. No big hold up, I guess.

Tomorrow I need to:
- remove studs from the flange on the Y pipe
- check fitment of the flex plate
- install the rear main seal
- install the last two freeze plugs
- hang manifolds
- prime the engine - I made a priming tool out of an old distributor

Tonight:
- assemble TBI
- clear coat valve covers and air cleaner
Will absolutely be worth the wait.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fellas, we have clear!

It looks better in the photos. There is some minor fish eye blemishing. Working on the air cleaner now. Also, TBI is assembled. Here is my injector information from Mr. Injector. My good injectors are now better. I guess for $49 it was worth the cost. They could’ve been worse. I would and will use this service again.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last one for the night. The lower portion of the air cleaner has a little clear coat pooling. My mistake. Laid the final coat a little heavy. It was worse 15 minutes ago so I expect it to dissipate further. Also, it’s on the bottom. No one will know it’s there.

My garage is a mess. It will get cleaned in 2024.