3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure will. I ordered an manifold spreader today as they were just off enough to warrant purchasing one. My harmonic balancer is in transit, should be here sometime this week or early next week.

I primed the engine today and it went well. Rear main seal and the last two freeze plugs were replaced. This rear main installer was a worthwhile investment. Not sure if it was worth $200 or better but I’ll never have to worry about an install going bad again.
You must be registered for see images attach

We probably won’t get to hear it run this weekend, but it will be mostly back together in the truck so we can do the balancer and button up a few small items and fire it up.

While crawling underneath I noticed that my Y pipe does not hang lower than the front crossmember on this truck. Maybe only on the half tons and light duty 2500s that is an issue. But that is great news. Now all I’ll need is a muffler and over-axle portion.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine is in! Fell right into place and we didn’t even have to fight the transmission. Let the jack down, dowel pins fell right into place.

Bonus: the bolt holes for the T/C and flexplate lined up without any movement. We thought that was funny.

Still waiting on my harmonic balancer, but it is ordered. Tomorrow I’m going to install the bell housing bolts, misc. accessory brackets, and route the harness. We had fun today. I’ve been enjoying the time with my Dad. He keeps pestering me about selling him my ‘94. I think he misses the GMT400 life.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A bit more done today. I have somehow misplaced some hardware for the intake accessory brackets. Off to the hardware store for those.

I added a throttle body spacer, I like them, and the butt-dyno data says they improve response and feel. However, the fuel lines present an issue. Normally they are held by a clip which is fastened to the bellhousing stud. With the spacer installed there is not enough slack in the lines to mount the clip in its original spot. Solution: tweak the clip and mount it to the head.

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You drilled and tapped the bosses in the intake valley, but I didn't see a mention of a cam swap?
I see the post where I mentioned that and that was poor wording on my part. The block was already drilled and tapped, I did not do that. I also did not do a cam swap; left it alone since I did not want the project to take longer than it already has.