3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timing chain installed, the old one was really nice but I opted to replace it.

You must be registered for see images attach

I checked to see if the oil pump shaft would fit through the hole in the block. It does not fit. You must install the shaft and then the pump. This one has the metal collar unlike the nylon one on stock shafts, which I think would fit fine.

Edit for clarity: you can’t drop the shaft in from the top (through the intake, or valley if the intake is off). It has to go through the bottom. I was not aware of this. I checked to make sure.

My dad found an old harness off the LO5 caprice engine we installed in my ‘92. I am going to take photos of all the plugs and related wire colors then store the pieces in a nice storage container.

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My injectors came today! The turnaround was about 3 weeks. He even included the gaskets that are required for the install. That was thoughtful. And two pieces of candy. The Tootsie Roll is gone, blue Jolly Rancher is up for grabs.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Intake on. I am going to bust ass and paint valve covers (again) tonight. I need to get some small stuff from the parts store tomorrow. The only thing that might hold us up is the harmonic balancer, it’s on order from the dealer because I refuse to buy Dorman or other no-name brands.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Intake on. I am going to bust ass and paint valve covers (again) tonight. I need to get some small stuff from the parts store tomorrow. The only thing that might hold us up is the harmonic balancer, it’s on order from the dealer because I refuse to buy Dorman or other no-name brands.
Curious what oil pan gasket is that.