2014 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
When talking about Active Fuel Management at the Reveal today, GM engineer Jeff Luke had said, "Some competitors are turning to engines with complex hardware like turbo chargers and multi-valve heads to crank up the power. We think a larger displacement engine that can operate in 4 cylinder mode is a much better solution."

Silly GM, always turning to add on hardware to cure a problem of improper tuning. I bet you think the EGR and the blow off valve were revolutionary ideas as well?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
When talking about Active Fuel Management at the Reveal today, GM engineer Jeff Luke had said, "Some competitors are turning to engines with complex hardware like turbo chargers and multi-valve heads to crank up the power. We think a larger displacement engine that can operate in 4 cylinder mode is a much better solution."

Silly GM, always turning to add on hardware to cure a problem of improper tuning. I bet you think the EGR and the blow off valve were revolutionary ideas as well?

Sounds like they were turning away from adding hardware to me?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jacks just mad because GM kept the regular ole valvetrain an improved on it instead of following the pack to those dumb ohc engines everyone else uses...

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Don't much care for them, but I suppose they'll grow on me. I really didn't like the GMT-900 when they came out but I don't mind them as much now. IMO though 1999-2002 are still, by far, the ugliest years for Chevrolet.

Really don't dig that back bumper foothold thing. Looks like it would be a deathtrap with ice in it.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AFM is added hardware. It's just a band-aid for improper tuning.

Really? Why such hate for pushrods? I'd consider it advancing technology to help meet the stupid cafe mandates....

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Really? Why such hate for pushrods? I'd consider it advancing technology to help meet the stupid cafe mandates....

Huh? Where am I hating on pushrods? I never brought OHC into the conversation. Lol

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was discussed in here earlier I know. I remember you saying that the ls engines were old technology an GM needed to get with the times an switch too ohc....