1998 Z71 Ext Cab Daily Driver Build sugestions Please Help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice truck. Don't do a body lift imo, way to nice of a truck to do that. Do a 4inch rcx with 33's, or 35's and it will have to have a little crank.

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea... RCX 4" and 6" are the same kit. The 6" comes with a rear AAL and you crank the front to level with the rear to gain the 6" lift. The 4" you leave uncranked and it doesn't come with the rear AAL. Both kits drop the front diff ~5.25".

For the rear though, I wouldn't even mess with the block that comes with the RCX kit. Get a shackle flip kit from Offroad Design (or somewhere like that) and that'll net you a 4" lift for the rear and will be much more reliable than a block setup.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea its a DD pavement pounder, but it gets some nice offroad action at deer camp every year lol, so no matter how you do it a body lift or a crank is kinda half ass and bad for the truck. Would a 4' suspension lift with 315s leave a bigger gap between the fender and the tire? I like my tires to be as close to the truck as possibly without rubbing.

Its really going to depend on your wheels. Mine rubs just a tad on the valence on the 4" kit with 305's. I don't think I could run 315 on mine without some trimming....

k_pro1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i had 315's on mine with just a crank and i bought shocks for a 2-3 lift to make it ride better. doesnt rub after a little trimming on the edges of the lower valance. i think this route looks best but i like the stuffed tire look. my sig has pics of the set up.

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea 315's can work with stock wheels and a crank... Would look great with a 4" kit too.

Both of the following trucks are just cranked and cleared the 35's....

315x75x16 on stock "blades" (16x7):

You must be registered for see images attach

35x12.50x17's on NBS steelies:

You must be registered for see images attach

HorneDawgZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
K Pro1992 your tuck looks awesome I want those fender flares on my truck, hmmm well if i can clear 315s like that i prolly wont buy a lift kit, is it a waste of money to buy the leveling kit?

k_pro1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks. you can fit them with crank only, and the 2-3 inch is just an over priced t-bar crank really.

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just crank 1.5"-2", get shocks to match (Bilstein 5100's are awesome btw), and get a zero-rate AAL like what Offroad Design sells for the rear to match. Also, consider getting a tune and/or regearing to help your truck handle the 35's. If you have 3.73's, then I'd just get the tune and call it good. If you have 3.42's, then I'd consider a reagear as well. :cheers:

HorneDawgZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok well thanks for all the info can you guys help me pick out the shocks im looking at blistein 5100's, Do i buy front and back and shocks that are setup for a 2-4 inch lift right?