1998 Chevy Silverado Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I would have run a regulator on it if my fuel pump wasnt on its way out. It was just how it all happened

Last edited:

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i bought the cheap $30 one off of ebay and Im regretting it. I am going to have to sand a couple bars because i have to pull on the sides of my grill in order to get it on.

MazingerZ

Reaction score
to the OP, how's the transmission holding up? any feedback on Monster's service and gear?

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The service by monster is outstanding. They even called three months later and asked how it was doing. The transmission works perfectly, had a little hiccup at the start with the plug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought my wheels off of a seller from ebay. I don't know if I would go with my wheels if I did it over agin. They don't fit perfect, you have to trim the rear lip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow it feels like this build hasnt been updated in a while... But a lot of stuff has been done to truck over the summer months! Started the summer off by stripping the firewall and front frame down to nothing. We are filling in all the little spot weld dimples as well as putting new seam sealer in. When we tore the front suspension apart, a lot of the parts were sent to powdercoating. We sent the spindles, coil springs, sway bar, brake dust shields, and a few other misc items. While everything was apart, we installed energy suspension bushings in every possible place, as well as replaced all the tie rods, ball joints, adjusters, etc. Since we went this far, we decided to do the body mounts. After talking with a chassis shop nearby they suggested to go with coilovers in the front to complement some future plans. This is where the truck went from a fast street truck to a street/strip/autocross truck. The front got a set of ridetech single adjustable coilovers custom for our application. I know of 5 trucks with this set up. To complement the front coilovers, we are in the planning stages of designing a 4 link with coilovers in the back. Since the 4 link bars will interfere with the gas tank, a fuel cell will be dropped in behind the rear end with a custom fill cap. Since this truck is mostly for performance driving now, we decided to throw a line lock on it for the burnouts as well as launching. A couple weeks ago I woke up to an awesome text from dad saying we need to upgrade the rear brakes, so we ordered up an SSBC kit for the back. Its kind of funny how things happen, this build originally started out as just an extra vehicle for towing with improvements to the stock engine, now it is a fire breather! The only thing left untouched on this truck has been the backseat and front windshield for now! Every suspension component has either been improved or replaced, the brakes have all been upgraded, the stock engine is gone, the computer is gone, the front seats were replaced with buckets, the rear end is completely upgraded, and the bed is from a different truck! Time flies when your having fun. There are some big plans in the future for this truck! Now onto the pictures.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

polar

I'm Awesome