1998 Chevy Silverado Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing a rear sway bar and I've already did the bushings in the front sway bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well didn't really get much done over my thanksgiving break. Installed the new billet grill which doesn't exactly fit like a glove. I have to trim some of the bars because I have to pull on the grill shell to get it to fit. Then I decided to get rid of the chrome ring because it's peeling like crazy. So I melted the tabs and off it came. Used some bumper repair and closed the holes up and it is smooth. After going to the turkey run car show, the final color is going to be chevy orange.
You must be registered for see images attach

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got the wheels and tires mounted! They look awesome. Had to figure out why my fuel gauge wasn't working when the sender was installed in the tank. Found it to be the sender and when it was in the gas it would short out. So I bought a new fuel sender unit and it fixed it. Waiting on my new billet gmc grill and my bumper filler panel to come in before the Turkey Run car show in Daytona. This will be the first show it is at

What size tires did you go with? Im getting the same rims, just in Grey.... Looks great!

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm having a little issue with my tires. They are tucking in the rear, kind of think my rear end shifted with the lowering kit. But for the rears I went with 275/45R20 with the rears and I can't remember the fronts off hand

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I ended up drilling the spot welds and cutting the inner lip down and re welded the inner to the outer fender

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
So I finally had time to read over your thread, man, you've done lots of work!! Really makes me want to get my a$$ in gear and get mine going too... Although mine is a complete resto... if I actually had time to get working on it, maybe itll be done sooner rather then later. I have a feeling the paint will hold me back..:banghead:

Anyway, all this to say, I love your truck :)

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, in order to run the carb. I took apart the fuel pump/sending unit and removed the electrical fuel pump portion of it. I then rigged a pick up tube on the sending unit so it got the fuel it needed. For a fuel pump, I am running a mechanical pump from edelbrock

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks it's nice to see people like what my dad and I have done

Im sure lots of people here including me really like what you have done, we just don't post up like we should lol..

I found it easier to just run a reg when I did my 383 swap but everybody has there own way of doing things, and nothing wrong with that!!

really looking forward to seeing it finished..