1998 Chevy Silverado Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I can't wait to see the finished product! :head3:

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm excited to see the finish the truck but then I won't have a project to work on!

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the wheels arrived at work today. 20" boss 338 chrome wheels. 20x10 up front and 20x8.5 in the rear
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got the wheels and tires mounted! They look awesome. Had to figure out why my fuel gauge wasn't working when the sender was installed in the tank. Found it to be the sender and when it was in the gas it would short out. So I bought a new fuel sender unit and it fixed it. Waiting on my new billet gmc grill and my bumper filler panel to come in before the Turkey Run car show in Daytona. This will be the first show it is at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
man ive been missing lots!!! didn't even realize you put the 383 in!! im jealous! Looks like the same fan/rad combo as mine too eh! Was it an easy install?? btw, im digging the rims and tires combo! whats all your plans with this truck? color? interior?

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well after going this far, we decided it was dumb not to go the fan/radiator setup like you had. Especially when we pulled the old motor rust chunks were in the bottom of the radiator and we didnt want to put that through a brand new engine. It mounted up pretty easy, I can get a bunch of pictures of it in the truck for you if you want. Well the plans for this truck are stock interior with buckets we put in for now. The exterior is going to be repainted in the next couple months with everything shaved with door poppers. For paint, it is either going to be red/black two tone or just straight red. My dad and I have been talking about the future of the truck because he is talking about selling his Harley (his second child) after a guy got killed the other day by a semi tire blowing out and knocking him off the bike. So that will open up a lot of options. He talked about buying another frame and back halving it and bagging it at the same time and then swap the frames out to have as little down time as possible. I'm interested to see how your build turns out with the steering box, the SSBC rear end kit, and the jeep shaft. The steering on these trucks are sub par.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
yeah, the AGR steering box/and pump with the next jeep shaft... all next tie rods and stuff.. also having the poly bushings, you'd think my truck would steer/handle like a dream... keeping in mind its still a pick truck. like the old saying goes, put makeup on a pig, its still a pig! lol But yeah, ill keep you posted! im definitely hoping to be driving this beast next summer. Fingers crossed!! even I can get it put together without the paint or interior buttoned up, I don't really care. I just miss the ol'chevy