1996 GMC Suburban "Kaye"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the back notched last night, she is now at ride height. I'm getting sent another set of control arms, hopefully these ones don't have the same problem. Would prefer not to do ball joints.
You must be registered for see images attach

Need to figure out how I'm going to mount the helper bags in the rear before I order them, might have to drill more holes. Also I'm debated getting her re-sprayed entirely dark cherry or metallic black, it's not high on the list but is planned for the future.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Yeah just another way of looking at what you have in front of you. Colors play off other colors even if you may not think that they would. I think gmt400s are clean classic looking but need a few modern touches to really bring out their full potential.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
A really good machine buffing random orbital should be more than good to bring back paint then get it ceramic’ed then upkeep wash waxing will be a breeze vs money for new paint and all the work involved to respray it that’s a lot of sheet metal to cover! Lol

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I got the back notched last night, she is now at ride height. I'm getting sent another set of control arms, hopefully these ones don't have the same problem. Would prefer not to do ball joints.

Need to figure out how I'm going to mount the helper bags in the rear before I order them, might have to drill more holes. Also I'm debated getting her re-sprayed entirely dark cherry or metallic black, it's not high on the list but is planned for the future.
Looks gorgeous! I'd love to have my Burb look like this...and that's the stance I'd like too. But Houston area roads say not anytime soon......unless I want running boards and bumpers deleted LOL.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score

Damn this thing looks great!!

rags77

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my tail lights in, gotten mixed responses about them. I like the chrome and the black ones so I'm on the fence, once I get the rollpan the lights will be the only thing in the rear that pops.

What do you guys think, would it look better with the black ones?

I like those lights on very nice suburban the light really brought it out. I have similar lights on my truck

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Yes keep the cherry machine paint out then seal it. Like the other guy said not many are that color. black black is easy but plain in term of standing out! Even if you did decide to repaint it do it in a newer Completive color to go with interior dark mocha metallic,dark Ming blue metallic,Antique Bronze metallic or something like these but the mocha is awesome not a common color here’s a pic and I would repaint mine in a second this color if I had the need to or if I could get it done on the super super cheap!!

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She's finished until the helper bags and control arms get here. My buddy came by today to help me finish it up. The notch is fully tightened, the new rear sway bar end links are in, the fuel/brake lines are back in place and the brakes are bled, the pedal is better but still not great. The new control arms will be here Wednesday then I can finally take it for a test drive, curious how she does over the speed bumps and the roads out here.

Looks gorgeous! I'd love to have my Burb look like this...and that's the stance I'd like too. But Houston area roads say not anytime soon......unless I want running boards and bumpers deleted LOL.

Damn this thing looks great!!

I like those lights on very nice suburban the light really brought it out. I have similar lights on my truck

Thanks

Imo, I'd keep it dark cherry. It's not a color you see too often.

Yes keep the cherry machine paint out then seal it. Like the other guy said not many are that color.

I'm thinking the same, haven't seen another dark cherry one in person before.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
She's finished until the helper bags and control arms get here. My buddy came by today to help me finish it up. The notch is fully tightened, the new rear sway bar end links are in, the fuel/brake lines are back in place and the brakes are bled, the pedal is better but still not great. The new control arms will be here Wednesday then I can finally take it for a test drive, curious how she does over the speed bumps and the roads out here.

Thanks

I'm thinking the same, haven't seen another dark cherry one in person before.
I just scrapped one.