1996 GMC Suburban "Kaye"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a whole lot new with her, got a dash mat, painted the spindles and finished painting the fender wells and frame. Tires were rubbing more than I though out front, inner fenders got banged up a little. Nothing some paint didn't cover and bring back around.
You must be registered for see images attach

It gets aligned Friday, bought a set of frosted GMC markers last week and the lowers were for a Chevy, more than likely going to sell the lowers.
These showed up today, now to find a place to get a deal on tires...

20x8 +0mm Irocs

Would like to get black vinyl "GMC" for the center caps and black (preferably non spline) lug nuts.

Last edited:

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks great. I think the dashmat adds a nice touch. At first I was like a hell no never will. But my mat growing on me and now I love the look and function of it. I can finally put my hat on the dash and it doesn't slide on every left or right turn lol.

Those irocs look awesome

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgoing the roll pan for now, put the hitch & ball back on because someone tapped the bumper at a red light the other day (bumper is fine). Might swap the tails for some different ones since I'm keeping the bumper.

Need a pinion shim, have a drive line vibration while going highway speeds. Have to pick a tire size, looking at 245/40r20's and 255/35r20. Don't think it'll make a difference since the sizes are so close, the 255's are 100~ cheaper per set, I'll probably end up getting those. After tires and getting rid of the rake then I can go about figuring what size shim is needed. Also need to get the exhaust welded and tail pipes put so I can roll down the rear windows and not get fumigated anymore.

Last edited:

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The exhaust is fished, swapped the turbo's for some glass packs. That got done on Thursday, it sound's pretty good, not as loud as before but has a nice tone. I'll have to get a clip of it (in the third pic you can see that the exhaust actually comes out behind the tires once again lol) Got tires, 255/35r20 Nitto Motivo's.
Had the tires mounted up today, and put them on when I got home. They look damn good, should ride good too.

Got the back set to the height I want, really happy with the way she looks.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm actively searching for a 2wd Tahoe/Yukon or Suburban to lower, thanks to this build. Only problem is, I'm still set on wanting a tailgate model.