1996 GMC Suburban "Kaye"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it finished tonight. Had a hell of a time with lower control arms the last couple of days. The only ones that had deep enough spring pockets were ACDelco, every other brand didn't work. Sorted out the helper bags and got them at good angles in-between control arm swaps. Finally got to drive it tonight, she did great over the speed bumps and road pretty good. Looks great too, was a bit of a ***** but the end result is pretty sweet.
You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Got it finished tonight. Had a hell of a time with lower control arms the last couple of days. The only ones that had deep enough spring pockets were ACDelco, every other brand didn't work. Sorted out the helper bags and got them at good angles in-between control arm swaps. Finally got to drive it tonight, she did great over the speed bumps and road pretty good. Looks great too, was a bit of a ***** but the end result is pretty sweet.
Absolutely beautiful! This is what you hope it comes out like when you're busting your knuckles and getting frustrated cause nothing seems to be going right......

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put some miles on her, it's awesome. Tires don't rub terribly, but dips/speed bumps while turning are a little unnerving since the tires smacks the fenders. Even though the steering wheel isn't centered it goes straighter then when I took it apart lol.

Got my 4-high and HD harnesses installed from LMC, the quality is a little bit of a miss on the HD harness. The tabs that hold the connectors to the bulb broke off 3 of em, I'll see how it hold up over time but so far both harnesses work well. Installed new bulbs too.

Picked up some paint to finish painting the frame and fender wells, I have to pop off the rotors to paint the DJM spindles because they already started to rust. The Belltech parts are perfectly fine, so are the control arms.