1995-98 Headlight Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clgodwin79

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, random question. And yes, I searched the forums and Google first to see if there was any info out there and had no luck.

Anyway, does anyone know of a headlight switch made for the 95-98 trucks that incorporates an auto ON function. Like the newer GMs have. Yes, I know that I light sensor would be required to determine outside ambient light to send the on/off signal. And I also know that some of you are old fashioned and prefer turning them off and on yourself. But these trucks seem to be popular enough to me that someone would have designed this by now. And I would definitely prefer to have this newer feature and not have to think or worry about turning headlights on and off. But I guess that's just me.

So, does anyone know of anything like this? Thanks!

JWOK

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might be stating something you already know, but some of the SUVs had automatic headlights and not just DRL (OBS 99-00 Yukon Denali and Escalade, maybe Tahoe Limited?) I have not looked into it and do not know if this is incorporated with the DRL module or somewhere else. I think 618 Syndicate is right and it is not part of the headlight switch though.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You might research the start of Cadillac Escalade, see if that was available on any of that line. As to your forgetting to turn headlights off, a loud irritating buzzer reminds you.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I might be stating something you already know, but some of the SUVs had automatic headlights and not just DRL (OBS 99-00 Yukon Denali and Escalade, maybe Tahoe Limited?) I have not looked into it and do not know if this is incorporated with the DRL module or somewhere else. I think 618 Syndicate is right and it is not part of the headlight switch though.
Both the Denali and the Escalade are the only GMT4O0's with a BCM, and equipped with auto headlights. And I hate my auto headlights in my Denali...

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tahoe Limited did not have automatic headlights. At least mine didn't.

Good info about the Esky/Denali having them though. I didn't know that.