1994 Chevy Cheyenne C1500 Air Door Actuator Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1994chevycheyenne

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I replaced the air door actuator in my 1994 Chevy Cheyenne C1500 and its a real fiddly job as the part is located under the dashboard on the passenger up near the firewall. If you are getting that clicking sound up under your dash in your Chevy truck like mine, then it's time to replace this part. I got my replacement air door actuator from LMC Truck.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
I replaced the air door actuator in my 1994 Chevy Cheyenne C1500 and its a real fiddly job as the part is located under the dashboard on the passenger up near the firewall. If you are getting that clicking sound up under your dash in your Chevy truck like mine, then it's time to replace this part. I got my replacement air door actuator from LMC Truck.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

nice job, what a pain

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
A total pain. I don't ever want to do that again

I’ve always wanted to clean the blower motor box but on a 93 you have to remove the ECM just to remove the plastic dust cover from the blower motor...are you kidding me? GM really had its head up its ass when it hid all of this **** inaccessible behind the dash

dave s

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a pretty nice detailed video on this. I did mine on a 94 last year. And it was a very tedious job. I'm very patient by nature but this one just about got the best of me. I cut a piece of rubber fuel line and slid it over my 1/4" ratchet handle to make it long enough. I also removed my glove box door completely. I hope to never have to do that job again.

1994chevycheyenne

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a pretty nice detailed video on this. I did mine on a 94 last year. And it was a very tedious job. I'm very patient by nature but this one just about got the best of me. I cut a piece of rubber fuel line and slid it over my 1/4" ratchet handle to make it long enough. I also removed my glove box door completely. I hope to never have to do that job again.

Thank you and it's a super tedious job I hope to also never do again. That said, I do need to go in there and get that back screw so I might give your suggestion a try... but not too soon! lol

On another note, I'm about to change the valve cover gaskets next and posted just a moment ago about what brand of gasket to go with? I actually have two that I've purchased. I'd appreciate your input...
https://www.gmt400.com/threads/which-valve-cover-gaskets-for-my-1994-chevy-c1500-with-the-4-3.52308/

1994chevycheyenne

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve always wanted to clean the blower motor box but on a 93 you have to remove the ECM just to remove the plastic dust cover from the blower motor...are you kidding me? GM really had its head up its ass when it hid all of this **** inaccessible behind the dash
Agreed!