Which Valve Cover Gaskets for my 1994 Chevy C1500 with the 4.3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1994chevycheyenne

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1994 Chevy Cheyenne C1500 with the 4.3 and I'm about to change the valve cover gaskets as its time to get rid of this leak. I actually have two sets of gaskets, one set is Fel-Pro and the other Mahle. Which ones should I go with? Seems like I see a lot on Fel-Pro?

You must be registered for see images attach

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
I have a 1994 Chevy Cheyenne C1500 with the 4.3 and I'm about to change the valve cover gaskets as its time to get rid of this leak. I actually have two sets of gaskets, one set is Fel-Pro and the other Mahle. Which ones should I go with? Seems like I see a lot on Fel-Pro?

You must be registered for see images attach

Both are good quality gaskets. Mahle is close to OE, and I've typically leaned towards Fel-Pro. Sold a crap ton of them working at AutoZone. Very very rarely had failures from them that weren't caused by the installer.

1994chevycheyenne

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both are good quality gaskets. Mahle is close to OE, and I've typically leaned towards Fel-Pro. Sold a crap ton of them working at AutoZone. Very very rarely had failures from them that weren't caused by the installer.
Thank you that's helpful!

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here both are good but if I had a choice id pick mahle

1994chevycheyenne

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mahle would be my choice for a headgasket. They make truly top notch gaskets. But I'm happy with the cheaper Fel-Pro gaskets on the other gaskets.
Then I'm going with the Mahle gasket set. You have been super helpful. I am about to video this repair, would you mind if I gave you a shoutout just as a thank you?

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Then I'm going with the Mahle gasket set. You have been super helpful. I am about to video this repair, would you mind if I gave you a shoutout just as a thank you?

You don't have to, but I certainly don't mind at all :)
Screen name is pronounced as "draw-vek", in case it is clear as mud :anitoof: