1994 C3500 350 Spun rod bearing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The 2 I mentioned are great because they have a nice, narrow LSA which bring the power on early. Only thing they're missing is more lift. I personally wouldn't want much, if any more duration than a marine cam.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What all do I need to buy to convert to a roller? What is a good roller cam for swirl heads and a work truck/dd?
The best bet.... know a friend that owns a machine shop... that way all the holes are drilled a tapped 100% inline. But here's the long winded version of it...
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only machine shop I know of that will do engine work is extremely expensive. The specialize in race motors.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only machine shop I know of that will do engine work is extremely expensive. The specialize in race motors.
Ask them if you bring a bare block if the could just drill and tap the necessary holes... that is if they are not drilled and tapped already. It's a possibility they all ready are from the factory.. ONLY way to know is to open it up and look.

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took 4 weeks to get a tractor hub back from them.and they charged 150/hr.

Kinda thinking with my time frame a flat tappet will achieve my goals with this engine.

I might take the 4 bolt main block to them and them do the roller conversion on it if the bolt holes aren't already there

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You know you can bump power externally too if you want to slap it in and go. Exhaust and tune or even just a timing bump will help.

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm planning on headers, y pipe, exhaust, tbi mods, new injectors, injector spacer, fuel regulartor, and it already has a vortec pump. While its apart for gaskets I might as well slip a cam in. I assume I'll need a wait4me tune too.

I was looking at getting a Jasper put in for 4800 but I'll be saving that by doing it myself.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That'll make a nice noticeable difference. Truck should downshift less when you're done.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took 4 weeks to get a tractor hub back from them.and they charged 150/hr.

Kinda thinking with my time frame a flat tappet will achieve my goals with this engine.

I might take the 4 bolt main block to them and them do the roller conversion on it if the bolt holes aren't already there
150 an hour.... I'm in the wrong business.