1993 K2500 Suburban - tow pig!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Replaced the back seat this morning and vacuumed the interior. Truck definitely cleans up nice for a quarter million mile chassis and original interior!

You must be registered for see images attach

I wish my interior was red!

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Received my 243 casting heads back from the machine shop. They were given a .020" deck mill and hot tank treatment.

Acquired another 5.3 for the truck on Sunday. Plan on putting these 243s and a super mild cam in. Should be around a 340-350 horse motor.

Also hauled 5k on my car trailer about 85 miles one way on Saturday. Truck did great. Loved to cruise 75-80mph.

Definitely makes the 454 seem like an asthmatic motor!

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
243/799s flow awesome. What cam are you thinking?

From what I've researched, a Summit pro LS truck stage one cam will do exactly what I want. I'm trying to avoid the need for a higher stall and any off-idle torque loss.

Between the heads and cam, I should see a fairly linear 60-70hp and near equivalent torque across the board.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Looks like even the "high lift" version allows the use of LS6/blue springs...should be a winner!

Now all you need is the TBSS intake for the complete swap to "maximize" the setup.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Looks like even the "high lift" version allows the use of LS6/blue springs...should be a winner!

Now all you need is the TBSS intake for the complete swap to "maximize" the setup.

I've got 3 of them sitting around. I've debated also going flex fuel on this truck. Squeeze a few more ponies out of it via some more aggressive timing.