1993 K2500 Suburban - tow pig!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Looking good PB!

I always wanted a 3/4t Suburban, and never knew "why". After driving mine for 5+ months every day, I'm sold...hopefully I'll allow myself to keep this one.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
You're killin' me smalls...already?!

Saw the ad on marketplace. Wish this was April when I bought mine, we'd be dealin'!

Ha! Quick on the draw. I have a buyer coming over tomorrow evening after work. It's a fairly solid done-deal.

Time to move onto the next truck.

I'm either A.) Taking the cash from the Suburban sale + doubling down from savings and buying a brand new 3500 Crew Ram with a Cummins or B.) Building a Regular cab longbed GMT400 with a 6.0 and buying a new gooseneck trailer.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Ha! Quick on the draw. I have a buyer coming over tomorrow evening after work. It's a fairly solid done-deal.

Time to move onto the next truck.

I'm either A.) Taking the cash from the Suburban sale + doubling down from savings and buying a brand new 3500 Crew Ram with a Cummins or B.) Building a Regular cab longbed GMT400 with a 6.0 and buying a new gooseneck trailer.

Please do #2! I've been looking for a good K2500 to build a "farm truck".

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Well, i've decided to keep this truck. As i'm already over paying property taxes on new purchases this year.

I couldn't justify moving to another truck after spending all of this time and money to make it how i'd prefer. So, it's going to hang around.

If anyone who's been following this "build" since day one, knows the truck has a mismatched rear (2nd row) seat in it. I can usually find rare and hard to find parts for anything quickly and at a good deal. But a correct RED rear seat for this truck has proven quite elusive. Now that i'm driving it daily, the rear seat has finally bothered me enough to just bite the bullet and pay entirely too much for a rear seat.

I found one at a Salvage yard in Northern Iowa, cost involved was $340 shipped for the rear 60/40 split seat and a replacement driver seat belt assembly. $215 of the cost was freight, for Fedex Freight to deliver it.