1993 C1500 Silverado - Modernized Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it’s been a while since I posted…just too busy making money to pay for the project…but I continue to move ahead. The paint shop has been super busy but it’s allowed me time to do some of things that need to be done while the bed is off. They’ve been super accommodating letting me get some of the “under the hood” items done. Shout out to Williams Auto Body in Stilwell, KS!

Spent some time today power washing the exposed part of the frame. Hopefully going back Friday to finish wire brushing, final rinse and applying POR-15 to convert the rust and protect the frame...will be black when I'm done. Then I'll mount the new aft cab brake light/cargo light and replace the 30 year old fuel pump while the bed is off. They think they'll have the cab through primer by then...all the body work on that is done! I’ll also mount the new LED reverse/tail light on the cab before paint. I fit it up and it’s going to work great…it’s the one from LMC Truck for a 1994 standard cab.

I also power washed the rear wheels and they cleaned up nice…don’t think it’ll take too much to make them look awesome. Will be fitting wider tires eventually and may go ahead and do a 2” shackle drop now to level things out a bit.

I also should be getting my recovered door panels back soon from the upholstery shop…can’t wait to see those…it will set the tone for the rest of the interior colors. After much deliberation I decided to let a pro do them!

More to come!

Attachments

• IMG_0542.jpeg
    IMG_0542.jpeg
    425.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0529.jpeg
    IMG_0529.jpeg
    441.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0528.jpeg
    IMG_0528.jpeg
    360.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0527.jpeg
    IMG_0527.jpeg
    503.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0526.jpeg
    IMG_0526.jpeg
    503.4 KB · Views: 21

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
End of August update: the cab is through primer and hoping it goes into paint soon. Im applying the POR-15 to the exposed frame and other components while I can get to them. I’ve decided to go with painted bumpers front and back. The back is in great condition and I’ve coated the inside.
Also installed the high brake light and cargo light from LMC for a 1994…drilled for the wire to pass through and two small holes for rivnuts…install was pretty easy…just took my time measuring and centering.

Attachments

• IMG_0588.jpeg
    IMG_0588.jpeg
    360.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0595.jpeg
    IMG_0595.jpeg
    274 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0581.jpeg
    IMG_0581.jpeg
    259.9 KB · Views: 36

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Progress is slow…but after some discussions with the paint shop it’s back on the priority track. These guys do great work. I’m hoping to bring the cab home soon to install a few things while I have more access before the bed goes on…but the repairs are almost done there…if they get everything all the way through paint this week I’ll work with it!

Attachments

• IMG_7083.jpeg
    IMG_7083.jpeg
    464.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7079.jpeg
    IMG_7079.jpeg
    240.4 KB · Views: 35

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Progress is slow…but after some discussions with the paint shop it’s back on the priority track. These guys do great work. I’m hoping to bring the cab home soon to install a few things while I have more access before the bed goes on…but the repairs are almost done there…if they get everything all the way through paint this week I’ll work with it!
Soooo shiny, going to look great.

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Front and rear glass are installed…and the cab is back home! Next is finishing up exterior details that are easier with the bed off. Have an appointment next week to upgrade the rear end to limited slip & 3.73 gears. Will finish up rust conversion with POR-15, start running wires to the cab, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0953.jpeg
    IMG_0953.jpeg
    281.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0958.jpeg
    IMG_0958.jpeg
    282.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0966.jpeg
    IMG_0966.jpeg
    399.5 KB · Views: 23

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow...not sure how I missed this thread. That was the right choice (in my humble opinion) going with the solid color. It's going to look spectacular once she's all put back together. Interested in seeing how the new seats are going to look. Keep up the good work. The lack of a cRUSTY frame is making me jealous!!

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Progress continues. While the body shop is working on the bed I’m finishing everything I can on the aft frame. Finished up applying POR-15 where I can…nasty stuff but well worth the effort. I also installed the new Curt Class 4 hitch from E-trailer…shipping was fast and install was super easy…especially with the bed off!

Next is installing the 2” drop shackles in the rear…differential & gearing change got pushed back to next Tuesday.

Once all the rear end stuff is done I’m swapping it around to start on the front grill, lights, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_1055.jpeg
    IMG_1055.jpeg
    461.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1056.jpeg
    IMG_1056.jpeg
    452.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1057.jpeg
    IMG_1057.jpeg
    393.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1058.jpeg
    IMG_1058.jpeg