1993 C1500 Silverado - Modernized Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK…bumpers, grill, tow hitch removed. Also, interior pretty much stripped out with one of my newer High Country seats installed. I used the OBS Outpost seat rails...the seat rail mods and installation was extremely easy. Drove it to the body shop where they will repair the dents and dings that it accumulated over the past 30 years and begin the paint prep.

The interior removal went pretty well with the exception of the sill plate screws…pretty much rusted in place...had to trash the sill plates. May be interested in some custom ones…but might just go with straight replacements. When doing this pay particular attention to the piece just below the back window. I’d read it’s easy to damage removing it…and it was. I will try to repair the attachments on the top before trying to source another one.

Had my beautiful bride with me to help document any parts that were removed but not usable so I can get those acquired.

Overall…I’m excited to move onto the next steps. I already have the interior carpet, some sourced leather and new headliner material. As well as the stereo, new mirrors, headliner console, rear window defog and many other parts. I’ll try to keep updating as I go along.
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• IMG_9786.jpeg
    IMG_9786.jpeg
    308.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_9793.jpeg
    IMG_9793.jpeg
    371.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_9784.jpeg
    IMG_9784.jpeg
    313.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_9787.jpeg
    IMG_9787.jpeg
    386 KB · Views: 57

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you lose some leg room with the updated seats? They appear to be very close to the dash.

Hope you're not stuck in paint prison for too long.
It’s kind of hard to tell because I put the seat in to get it to the paint shop. However, it was very comfortable. According to guy that sells the mounts you actually gain a bit.

Last edited:

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latest update: The body shop is digging into it and doing a good job. After researching the crap out of how to redo the interior door panels and sun visors…and ordering some of the materials…I’ve decided to let a pro do them. Reasoning…I can definitely do it, however, their job will be professional and look much better. Also, the materials will match the seats and coordinate with the rest of the truck.

I’m switching to things such as getting the required switches together for the added features and designing how it will look. The goal is to make the old blend with the new. And for you purists out there…everything is reversible back to original.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, just curious what is that linkage laying on the top of your leaf spring is and what does it do?

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK…bumpers, grill, tow hitch removed. Also, interior pretty much stripped out with one of my newer High Country seats installed. I used the OBS Outpost seat rails...the seat rail mods and installation was extremely easy. Drove it to the body shop where they will repair the dents and dings that it accumulated over the past 30 years and begin the paint prep.

The interior removal went pretty well with the exception of the sill plate screws…pretty much rusted in place...had to trash the sill plates. May be interested in some custom ones…but might just go with straight replacements. When doing this pay particular attention to the piece just below the back window. I’d read it’s easy to damage removing it…and it was. I will try to repair the attachments on the top before trying to source another one.

Had my beautiful bride with me to help document any parts that were removed but not usable so I can get those acquired.

Overall…I’m excited to move onto the next steps. I already have the interior carpet, some sourced leather and new headliner material. As well as the stereo, new mirrors, headliner console, rear window defog and many other parts. I’ll try to keep updating as I go along.
Are those Traverse high country seats? Look a little bulky but if your smaller than myself you should have enough comfort room. I tried to put 07 impala SS seats in my 89 RCSB but seats were too bulky. Sat up to high and to close to steering wheel for me to be comfortable. Love the brown shades on the high country interiors.

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are those Traverse high country seats? Look a little bulky but if your smaller than myself you should have enough comfort room. I tried to put 07 impala SS seats in my 89 RCSB but seats were too bulky. Sat up to high and to close to steering wheel for me to be comfortable. Love the brown shades on the high country interiors.
They’re out of a 14 or 15 Silverado High Country. Actually have a little more room than the original bench. Used the mounting adapters from OBS Outpost. I have an extra set of grey seats…electric if anyone is interested.