1992 7.4 Oil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a pre CBS Strat for a few years. A friends son was learning to play and had a pretty good set of pipes too. I let him talk me right out of it.
Him and a few of his friends put a band together and started doing bars and weddings and such playing 60's-80's rock. If you had your eyes closed you'd swear you were listening to Billy Gibbons. I never felt bad about selling him that guitar,he made it sound better than I ever could have.
If you don’t know, you probably don’t want to know, what that’s worth now.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wix filters used to be a good choice. Now you have to inspect every individual filter to see if it's Communist Crap, Polish or other European, or made in USA. Mann + Hummel has largely destroyed Wix.
I just posted this last night when going to put a new filter on after cleaning my adapter...Not sure what to make of it....

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Whatever the owner's manual calls for.

...and an oil filter with an anti-drainback valve that actually works.

That reminds me, what brands actually make one with a good anti-drainback valve? I've been through WIX, Purolator and A/C Smelco only to notice they've failed within a month, usually sooner. Tried a Bosch I think it was, same thing. If my truck was 2WD, it wouldn't matter..

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've been running Mobil1 filters on everything for the past few years. As well as the oil..

My '93 7.4 has the M1-302 filter on it.

Richard