1991 Chevy C1500 RCSB Version: I Have A Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick_R_23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To be honest, I’m not actually sure what the ratio is yet, it was one of those drop-everything-go-get-it-ASAP type of deals. I paid $200, but the guy most definitely did not know what he had. I’ve seen them for sale anywhere from $400-2000 down in the states. Depends on the rarity and what you actually plan on doing with the truck. Tire fryer or moderate street rig? Go for it, if it’s a good deal. If you’re putting down serious power, it’s much more cost effective to just get a 9 inch. The 454SS axle is a bit of an outlier in finding performance upgrades.

Nick_R_23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Couple more things I forgot! Ordered up some custom “350 SS“ decals for the truck. It’s really hard to tell in the picture, but the 350 is a dark blue instead of the factory silver. I’m hoping it’ll look good against the light blue bed sides.

You must be registered for see images attach

I also finished up on hacking this brand new grille to pieces! Okay, not really, but it took a lot more dremel work to get the corner lights seated correctly. Many of the slots were off by the bit, and needed to be moved. The grille is still very thick overall, as the plastic stud nuts don‘t seat as far down on the studs as they would on a factory part. Despite the extra work, I’m happy with how it turned out!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
To be honest, I’m not actually sure what the ratio is yet, it was one of those drop-everything-go-get-it-ASAP type of deals. I paid $200, but the guy most definitely did not know what he had. I’ve seen them for sale anywhere from $400-2000 down in the states. Depends on the rarity and what you actually plan on doing with the truck. Tire fryer or moderate street rig? Go for it, if it’s a good deal. If you’re putting down serious power, it’s much more cost effective to just get a 9 inch. The 454SS axle is a bit of an outlier in finding performance upgrades.
Oh I know how rare they are. That guy you bought that one from sure didn't!
But buddy here does! He has 3 running/driving 454SSs. A lowered 4/6 driver, a low-mile original-everything garage queen & another that's an 850hp, tubbed, 4-linked 9" w/4.86's, gutted interior beast of a Saturday Night Special.
Plus a backyard filled with all things '400'.
He's wanting $1200.00. But that's in Canuck Bucks.
Around $960.00 U.S.

Nick_R_23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh I know how rare they are. That guy you bought that one from sure didn't!
But buddy here does! He has 3 running/driving 454SSs. A lowered 4/6 driver, a low-mile original-everything garage queen & another that's an 850hp, tubbed, 4-linked 9" w/4.86's, gutted interior beast of a Saturday Night Special.
Plus a backyard filled with all things '400'.
He's wanting $1200.00. But that's in Canuck Bucks.
Around $960.00 U.S.

That‘s not too bad, if I was to let this one go locally, I wouldn‘t take less than $1500, just because they’re impossible to find in Alaska and freighting one up would be a nightmare. I’d maybe nudge him and see if you could get a little bit better buddy deal.

Nick_R_23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, it was a good call on new heads! Just pulled off the drivers side head, immediately noticed that the exhaust valve was bent. It‘s pretty obvious that it touched the piston at some point, no actual damage done though. Should be able to throw on the new heads and go!

Nick_R_23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Easiest head gasket ever when the entire deck surface was covered in silicone! That’s also not my garage floor you can see, that’s a sheet of ice. Yay, winter.

New heads on!