1988 Lowered Chevy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score

Also Jeg's, Amazon, Summit & others have 'em.
Have to get them while they're available. May have to shop around a bit. B/T makes a run of them on a pre-determined schedule (?) so when they're outa stock, have to wait until the next go-round.
For some reason, most of the Co.'s are using the same word-for-word generic (B/T supplied?) description which is incorrect. It reads exactly the same as the one for the lower extensions. WTF?
The description is wrong.
The part number is right.
It's a bolt-on kit. Including the bolts! WooHoo!
Thanks man , I also looked underneath the truck today and I noticed drop shackles in the rear There's another hole to adjust going up an inch. Looking at leaf springs there's 4 that's including the bottom load spring. So I need to replace the load spring with another longer spring ? I'm thinking of going front coilovers so I can adjust the hight and the ride.

Reaction score
X2 that pumpkin is too close to the bed. If the bed gusset was still there it'd be resting on it. Do you have pictures of the truck how it sits?
You must be registered for see images attach

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So a 5/7 ought to sit level, these trucks have about a 2" rake rear to front stock.
Your truck seems lower in the rear.
Are your shackles adjustable?

Reaction score
So a 5/7 ought to sit level, these trucks have about a 2" rake rear to front stock.
Your truck seems lower in the rear.
Are your shackles adjustable?
Yes. the rear shackles are one or two inch drop shackles. I think looking at the leaf springs I only have only 3+1, 3 leaf springs plus the Load spring.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. the rear shackles are one or two inch drop shackles. I think looking at the leaf springs I only have only 3+1, 3 leaf springs plus the Load spring.
Raise it up, fix your shock angle and she'll ride.
You need to figure out what's rubbing in the front. You can roll and pull the inner fenders if it's rubbing on the lips, and run a smaller tire.

Reaction score
Raise it up, fix your shock angle and she'll ride.
You need to figure out what's rubbing in the front. You can roll and pull the inner fenders if it's rubbing on the lips, and run a smaller tire.
Already tucked the lip so not rubbing on anything . But I'm wondering my coils are to weak or need new control arm bushings. Thinking of putting tubular control arms and coilovers..

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Factory is 4 leafs + an overload.
No need to go to a longer O/L. I'd say that reason the overload is up tight against the next spring would be, could be, is that there is a leaf missing. If so, that would cause the rest of the spring pack to sag down against the O/L.
Take a look at those front hangars. If the mounting point of the leaf eye is above the top of the frame rail, then it's a drop hangar.
It's been a long time but IIRC, the factory hangars us a stove bolt style with a round head. (No shoulders on the head) Could be wrong on that though.