1988 Lowered Chevy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I'm missing one leaf spring no need to take out or replace O/L but check out front hangers ?
O/L should be fine, Need to figure which leaf has been removed & replace it.
Wreckers around here sell complete leaf springs for these trucks for about $100.00. Or...$80.00 U.S.
That might be a quicker, easier route instead of messin' around with unknown questionable mods.

Reaction score
O/L should be fine, Need to figure which leaf has been removed & replace it.
Wreckers around here sell complete leaf springs for these trucks for about $100.00. Or...$80.00 U.S.
That might be a quicker, easier route instead of messin' around with unknown questionable mods.
Sounds good , thanks for the help much appreciated

Reaction score
Got a new one for everyone , trying to now relocate my shocks but don't have any idea where to mount them . And now I'm thinking whoever had this truck did some crazy modifications.. putting in my Vin number it's showing my truck is a CK1500. maybe I'm wrong would that be a four wheel drive truck ? Anyways here some more pictures. Any ideas anyone ?
You must be registered for see images attach

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a new one for everyone , trying to now relocate my shocks but don't have any idea where to mount them . And now I'm thinking whoever had this truck did some crazy modifications.. putting in my Vin number it's showing my truck is a CK1500. maybe I'm wrong would that be a four wheel drive truck ? Anyways here some more pictures. Any ideas anyone ?
A C1500 is 2 wheel drive and a K1500 is a 4 wheel drive. Never heard of a CK 1500

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
C= 2wd
K= 4wd
This is true for all 400 series trucks.
And those shocks can't do much shock absorbing, laid out almost horizontal like they are. This is why trucks that are lowered very much require different brackets, to properly locate the shocks. I learned that from this forum, and the many members who have lowered trucks. @sewlow , @Dropped88 , @618 Syndicate , many others.....

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you get the shock extenders they will mount in the stock location, but back closer to vertical which is where they're effective. They can't work properly laid over like they are.
Where'd you input your VIN number?