Lowered 1988 Chevy CK1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 1988 Chevy CK1500 and had it Lowered 5x7 it's bottoming out it has a c- notch plenty of room between axle and c-notch I'm using Belltech street performance lowering shocks and coil Springs. I'm thinking of going to use coil overs in the front maybe adjust a shocks in the rear end anybody have any ideas ?

Thanks

Dnytro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have someone jump on the back bumper while u look under it. Shocks might be bottoming out before it hits the frame. Or it hits the inner fenders in the front, etc. hard to give more info without tire size but usually if it bottoms out it’s either shocks, inner fenders or the frame.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah.. need a whole lot more info. Tire size would help. They almost look like OEM size 235/75/15, too tall for a 5/7 drop, especially with stock type wheels.

The C-notch could be installed incorrectly. I've seen them be mounted just a little bit too far off and the rear axle bump stop pads will smack the edge of the notch.

A lot of different things could be described as "bottoming out" so what and where is actually hitting will go a long way towards suggestions on a remedy.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It's strange. Not one of the flip kit Co.s mention anything about the box cross member needing that notch in any of their instructions.
I kinda thought Belltech did.. or used to? Maybe I imagined it. Last GMT400 I notched was.. uh.. in 2007. Had to look it up.

Richard