1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
5.3 LS from an impala, FWD dodge truck :rofl: I bet that putting a turbo on it for only 30 HP is not worth it, I mean at that point you could spent money on a Cummins or a duramax, and if you really wanted, a Powerstroke

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say that I'm not a fan of LSing it. Junkyard 5.9 Magnums are cheap and will get you some serious roller cam power while staying in-brand.

If you're going to LS it, you need to do the full "Fast & Loud" treatment and put a Panther front suspension under it.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say that I'm not a fan of LSing it. Junkyard 5.9 Magnums are cheap and will get you some serious roller cam power while staying in-brand.

If you're going to LS it, you need to do the full "Fast & Loud" treatment and put a Panther front suspension under it.

I had one of those in Grand Cherokee. Parts are too expensive for what you get. I can't tune it either.

I'd consider an older LA motor if I could find one for decent money. I found a 440 with bellhousing for a great price. I'm thinking that over hard.

Not sure if I'm going to do any other mods yet. I would like IFS, but I don't really need it for what I think I'm going to use it for.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
That thing would scream with a 440, even a 318/360 would be great. There's a member on here who does a lot with Mopar's as well as his 400 truck, he goes by @Moparmat2000 . He recently built a 68/9 Barracuda for his son with a nice 318; he knows a lot of go fast tricks for the LA's.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Wonder how well they'd respond to boost? They're one of the best motors ever made in terms of reliability imo, ya just can't kill em!
Interesting idea.
They do respond to boost very well. There are plenty of people that have done it over the years, not enough for the aftermarket support though. The 300 has its roots in farming, it was designed by IH if I remember correctly.