1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the 300 cross flow?

Anyways, I am going to try and get the slant going this week. I can't tell if it's seized or not because the alternator and v-belt are missing. There's no crank bolt. The water pump is locked up solid.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only negatives I have found with the 4.8 is three broken off exhaust bolts in the heads. I get to use my welder again.

On the slant, I replaced the ground to the block and hooked up battery cables to the starter. All I got was a very slight clunk. Put some fluid in the clutch and brake masters and I saw some bubbles but neither is working yet. I'm pretty sure the clutch master is toast, it's full of rust. The inside of the brake master looks good.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice! Those exhaust manifold bolts breaking is supposed to be a common thing on these engines, much the same as the Hemi engines. My brother has one or two broken on his 5.7 Hemi. Costs something like $600 at the dealership he said.

What was the story with the engine? Did you actually get it for free?

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! Those exhaust manifold bolts breaking is supposed to be a common thing on these engines, much the same as the Hemi engines. My brother has one or two broken on his 5.7 Hemi. Costs something like $600 at the dealership he said.

What was the story with the engine? Did you actually get it for free?

My first LS swap motor had the same thing. I was able to get them out by building them up with weld.

Yes, it was free. Guy had it in a storage unit and he said he was given it for free from a friend and didn't feel it was ethical to sell it. He also said he was tired of paying for the storage unit and realized he had no time for the swap he intended. Guess it was my lucky day.

If I can get the slant running I am going to take my time with this one, at least that's what I'm thinking now.