1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice, I am getting my 5.3L from a friend for building a stand alone LS harness for him. So a few hrs of my time and ~$100 in materials lol.

That would make a nice side hustle if you have the time and inclination for it.

Welp, first sacrilege has been started: I picked up some NBS seats for Stay-Puft. I'm fairly tall and not a fan of having my head inches away from the rear of the cab (which is metal, not even safety glass), so I wanted something with head rests and just generally more safe. I get better seats and 3 point belts all in one part.

Dodge trucks have some years where they had the same type of seats, but they are fugly IMO and the NBS jump seat has cup holders. LOL. Also it appears from pictures the NBS seat rails are basically flat and should be a lot easier to secure to the flat floor of the sweptline trucks.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That would make a nice side hustle if you have the time and inclination for it.

Welp, first sacrilege has been started: I picked up some NBS seats for Stay-Puft. I'm fairly tall and not a fan of having my head inches away from the rear of the cab (which is metal, not even safety glass), so I wanted something with head rests and just generally more safe. I get better seats and 3 point belts all in one part.

Dodge trucks have some years where they had the same type of seats, but they are fugly IMO and the NBS jump seat has cup holders. LOL. Also it appears from pictures the NBS seat rails are basically flat and should be a lot easier to secure to the flat floor of the sweptline trucks.
Nice! Do the seats have any play in them? Front-to-back. There's something inside the tracks (a little block?) that wears off. My 99 NBS has leather/powered seats and they started doing that. It's annoying taking off from a stop. My seats are torn up so I picked up some in better shape (they are cloth and manual), they they too have that damn play in them! They sell some fix for the power seats, not sure on the manual ones. I haven't swapped them in yet.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She's practically a runner already.

My new starter got delivered and of course it's the wrong starter. Since I had the old one out, I figured I might as well have a go at it. Basically, it was just crusty. I had to clean some parts down to fresh metal and squirt a bunch of PB blaster in on the bendix shaft, but I got it working.

While it was out I spun the engine over with a screw driver on the flywheel. Not locked up.

Put the starter back in and used the steal-me junction to engage the starter and she turns over. Now I just need spark and fuel.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
No idea what was wrong with it, but a friends first car was a Dodge Aspen with what I think was a slant 6. He used to have to change the air filter because it would get soaked with oil.....so Pcv system??? That may be the only one I've seen in person.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had a John Deere "Windrower" AKA swather, but instead of auger concentrater, it has belts for laying down the grain stalks without shattering the heads of the grain. It had an industrial Chrysler slant six with a 1 barrel carb and a vacuum operated governor. I couldn't kill that thing, even if I tried :anitoof: