1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I love that rear bumper.
That's probably an aftermarket bumper. My 53 GMC pickup has something similar. Most pickups back in the day( even up into the 70s) a rear bumper was an extra cost option. Probably regional fab shops made these,for the rural trade.
Like the grille guards that Perry Company from Waco ( the Smash Hit brand was theirs) made, and there was another company in Fort Worth that made a similar product. Had a name that was close to the Perry models too, I just can't remember it, but I've seen them on old trucks. I have a Perry for my truck; the guard, the splash pan and the bumper with brackets weighs more than I do!

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Parts are gonna be more expensive for restoration. I did a old international with a buddy and we did a lot of sheet metal patching cause parts were nonexistent or insanely expensive . Some parts we could t do and either hired out or bought (interior and some exterior)

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put a V10 in it from the SRT trucks....

Very first vehicle I ever owned was a 61 Dodge fleetside. 318 and typewriter trans. Wish I still had it, but at 18 in 1988 a mustang svo was a way cooler option so off it went...

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put a V10 in it from the SRT trucks....

Very first vehicle I ever owned was a 61 Dodge fleetside. 318 and typewriter trans. Wish I still had it, but at 18 in 1988 a mustang svo was a way cooler option so off it went...

I love those engines, but hate the way they sound. Just not cost effective though.

Current plan is to take the NV3500 from my parts truck, find a JY 4.8 or 5.3 (I wouldn't turn down a 6.0 if I can find one) and then a single eBay turbo.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
I love those engines, but hate the way they sound. Just not cost effective though.

Current plan is to take the NV3500 from my parts truck, find a JY 4.8 or 5.3 (I wouldn't turn down a 6.0 if I can find one) and then a single eBay turbo.
Why not an 8.1? They aren’t really cost effective either so an LS would be better, and those are big block trucks and not LS based.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not an 8.1? They aren’t really cost effective either so an LS would be better, and those are big block trucks and not LS based.

I'm pretty much scrounging up what I can. I don't have a trans that would work with it, but if a good deal on an 8.1 complete with trans came up I'd definitely think about it.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty much scrounging up what I can. I don't have a trans that would work with it, but if a good deal on an 8.1 complete with trans came up I'd definitely think about it.
The 8.1 came with a 4L80 or an Allison, so a motor, trans and computer can be acquired as a unit if you're lucky. A Duramax/6L from an ambulance or box truck would be a possibility too. Prolly not real cost effective though.
I hate the way Dodge (and Ford) V10's sound too, I just thought it'd be different...and cheaper than a hellephant.