1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I narrowed the LH tube on my 8.8 for the 69 cuda I have. I bought a second RH exploder inner axle shaft and cut the left hand tube down by the amount of the difference from the long and short axles shafts. Then just used that second short side axle shaft on the LH side

Theres a sticky on www.forabodiesonly.com it's in the top of the driveline section on narrowing an explorer 8.8 . I'm in there towards the back of the thread with a lot of pix on how to cut one down and weld it up keeping it straight. My write ups under the same screen name as here.

Last edited:

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welp, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. After a long battle getting the mock engine and trans in place, it appears to be dead nuts on where it should be just naturally hanging from the motor mounts. The shifter is pointing up at the middle of the floor shift cover, and using the original driveshaft as a guide it's pointed right at the output shaft of the trans with no lateral angle that I could see. Trans is hanging down 2.5 degrees and the pinion is at 4.5 degrees up, but I can easily move the trans by hand so I can get another 2 degrees down.

I did have to cut out the OG trans crossmember, it was interfering with the trans. I left the riveted in sections, not messing with that again. Also, the parking brake cable thing bolts to one of them so that will be nice not to have to relocate that.

I didn't screw up the clutch when I installed the trans the first time. I was worried about that.

While I was down there laying on my back measurin' and eyeballin' I started feeling nauseous. Crawled out and barfed all over my driveway. I had just drank a big glass of water and I guess the combo of belly full of water and flat on my back triggered something. Fun.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty much all the "fab" work is done. I'm going to take out the x-member and weld it solid, then I'll be done.

The painting and frame cleaning didn't happen. Wife is starting to get angry I'm spending all my time in the garage, so we're going out and about for a while. Honestly, I'm pretty wore out anyways. I need cooler weather to be doing all this.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty much all the "fab" work is done. I'm going to take out the x-member and weld it solid, then I'll be done.

The painting and frame cleaning didn't happen. Wife is starting to get angry I'm spending all my time in the garage, so we're going out and about for a while. Honestly, I'm pretty wore out anyways. I need cooler weather to be doing all this.
I agree with the cooler weather part. I have some final sandblasting to do on my 69 cuda. Temps are finally working their way down to the 80s. Wearing a tyvek suit, a respirator, and a sand blasting hood and gloves, you dont want do do that in 100° weather. Not unless you want heat stroke lol.

I hear ya. My wife gets a little jealous when I spend too much time in the shop. It's a balancing act. She calls all my junk I work on my mistresses. I must be lucky or just overwhelmed then because I have several of them all different brands including my GMT. She does tell me she prefers me in the shop to going to the bar lol.

We do date night every friday. We have a jar full of folded pieces of paper of all the restaurants we like. Every friday she picks a paper, I pick a paper. From there we pick one out of those 2. The one we dont pick goes back in the jar. The one we do pick goes in a second jar. This eliminates the places she likes that are called "I dont know," and "I dont care". Being chivalrous, I let her pick which one of the 2 she wants to go to every friday.

During the covid scare, there were a couple places doing take out, and I did covid date night in my shop. I strung up some string lights, got the folding card table, table cloth, oil lamp, some special dishes for the occasion, and used laminated wiring schematics for placemats. She really appreciated the efforts I went through. This fall, I will do that again. Sometimes it's about doing even small stuff for them when they least expect it.

I got a new daily driver on order to replace a shot 15 year old chevy HHR. A ford maverick. We are gonna take it to the drive in theater, and try out the truck bed with a blow up mattress lol. Always keep em off their game by doing unpredictable stuff for em. It shows your always interested in the chase. My wife calls me Pepe LePew not because I fart a lot, but because shes like Penelope Pussycat and I'm always in the chase lol. The new truck is by design. Small truck bed, Penelope has to get closer. Same reason I turn the heater down in the winter, I jokingly tell her she has to cuddle up for warmth lol.

Attachments

• 20200410_193820.jpg
    20200410_193820.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20200410_193825.jpg
    20200410_193825.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited: