1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I hear ya. My wife gets a little jealous when I spend too much time in the shop. It's a balancing act. She calls all my junk I work on my mistresses. I must be lucky or just overwhelmed then because I have several of them all different brands including my GMT. She does tell me she prefers me in the shop to going to the bar lol.

We do date night every friday. We have a jar full of folded pieces of paper of all the restaurants we like. Every friday she picks a paper, I pick a paper. From there we pick one out of those 2. The one we dont pick goes back in the jar. The one we do pick goes in a second jar. This eliminates the places she likes that are called "I dont know," and "I dont care". Being chivalrous, I let her pick which one of the 2 she wants to go to every friday.

During the covid scare, there were a couple places doing take out, and I did covid date night in my shop. I strung up some string lights, got the folding card table, table cloth, oil lamp, some special dishes for the occasion, and used laminated wiring schematics for placemats. She really appreciated the efforts I went through. This fall, I will do that again. Sometimes it's about doing even small stuff for them when they least expect it.
My "out" is that one of the mistresses in the garage getting attention is often her vehicle. She doesn't mess with me about any of it really, because one way or another it benefits her. It's either my driver or hers, or the "fun" vehicle we go out in (currently the 300.)

Going out for dinner is a big thing for us on my off nights, and the lockdowns made that impossible. A few of our favorites started doing curbside and we'd make movie night out of it at the coffee table in front of the TV, religiously, every week. I don't have cable attached to the TV so it's always a movie/series, whether dvd or prime, etc. Glasses still clink for a "¡salud!" before we begin (she quit drinking nearly 3 years ago, I still do.)

Now that everything's back open, the places that survived, anyway.. we're back to going out a couple times a week but usually stay home for one night and do the coffee table thing. :)

The ladies like being spoiled, even if they're not materialistic. I'm blessed to have a wife that isn't. Not the jealous type, either. She knows I'm hooked - have been since we were about 13!

Richard

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My "out" is that one of the mistresses in the garage getting attention is often her vehicle. She doesn't mess with me about any of it really, because one way or another it benefits her. It's either my driver or hers, or the "fun" vehicle we go out in (currently the 300.)

Going out for dinner is a big thing for us on my off nights, and the lockdowns made that impossible. A few of our favorites started doing curbside and we'd make movie night out of it at the coffee table in front of the TV, religiously, every week. I don't have cable attached to the TV so it's always a movie/series, whether dvd or prime, etc. Glasses still clink for a "¡salud!" before we begin (she quit drinking nearly 3 years ago, I still do.)

Now that everything's back open, the places that survived, anyway.. we're back to going out a couple times a week but usually stay home for one night and do the coffee table thing. :)

The ladies like being spoiled, even if they're not materialistic. I'm blessed to have a wife that isn't. Not the jealous type, either. She knows I'm hooked - have been since we were about 13!

Richard
That's awesome !!! They really love that stuff. The chase doesnt end when your hitched. BTW is the 300 a V8? That makes it even more fun.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That's awesome !!! They really love that stuff. The chase doesnt end when your hitched. BTW is the 300 a V8? That makes it even more fun.
2006 300C SRT8 :D my second one, sold the first to a friend when it hit 100K and he was looking for a bargain on one, picked up the current one with less than 10K on it (nearing 30K now.) Also had a 2006 Magnum SRT8 for momma before she got jealous of my truck and wanted her own, so we sold the Magnum :( and got her an SS too.

Richard

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got a bunch of boxes from QA1. Took Friday off to work on my junk, LOL.

Going to paint the frame, install motor and trans, and then bolt up the suspension. All by Sunday ... I hope.

Still need fuel system, engine accessories, radiator/fan, and cold side to be able to fire it up.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a lot done on my day off.

You must be registered for see images attach

I like this trans cover. You can get all the bolts at the top of the bellhousing super easy. After owning a C5 Corvette this is one of my major "not going through that crap again" things. Shifter looks to be in just about the prefect spot

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes gotta love the trucks that have this. Buddy had a 77 f250 lifted on 46's. Had to put a clutch in. Didn't a have a jack that went high enough and we didn't feel like manhandling that heavy cast iron 4speed with the cast iron tcase. We rolled the windows down put a 4x4 across from one door to the other and used a come along to raise and lower the whole assembly.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just eyeballed it, but I got it. I think I'm going to ditch the trim ring. Most importantly I can row through all the gears without hitting the dash or the seats.

Get a Hurst setup for your trans. I got one for my 94, and added a T handle to it.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Manifolds installed. The Huron Speed single turbo log manifold and downpipe for the GMT800 fits perfectly after I trimmed off the remaining stub of the old crossmember. The problem is that I bought this second hand and the dude had a Hooker Blackhart set up for the passenger side and crossover pipe. The 2 don't work together. V band flanges are different sizes and they don't really line up. I should have known something was up when he had the wrong size wastegate for the manifold. Yay, more welding. LOL.