14 Bolt Swap How to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nitrofreak

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone with this swap had to change parking brake cables? I went from stock ten bolt to a 14boltsf, and my parking brake is banjo string tight and locked on now, it never used to be this way with the ten bolt

Sent from slow non-vortec IPhone using tapatalk

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Has anyone with this swap had to change parking brake cables? I went from stock ten bolt to a 14boltsf, and my parking brake is banjo string tight and locked on now, it never used to be this way with the ten bolt

Did you use the stock parking brake cable? I'm guessing your gona need a different one if yoh want it to work

Nitrofreak

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you have to get different ones?

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Will I have to swap to the 2500 springs as well? Or will it fit on my 1500 springs?
My 14 bolt didn't come with springs

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Will I have to swap to the 2500 springs as well? Or will it fit on my 1500 springs?
My 14 bolt didn't come with springs

Hope you got the spring saddles, or you're gonna be grinding out your old ones to fit the larger axle tube.

Richard

MinnesotaChevy

Gasser or Diesel?
Reaction score
I have a 1994 K1500 with a 14 bolt year end and a huge a** bumper on but suprisingly not 3/4 ton springs. I was wondering when i go to the yard and get my 3/4 ton springs what do i do to lift the front do I crank the keys until 2 ribs on the cv's are touching or do i need to get a lift kit BTW love the color of your truck thz71 what lift do you have.