14 Bolt SF Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94blu1500

Rocky Hock Offroad
Reaction score
what 2wd's had 14 bolts? and wouldn't the 2wd axles have 5 lugs instead of 6 or 8 lugs?

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157496&highlight=14+bolt,+14bsf,

the measurements are there. the spring perches are right but I'm not totally sure if I'm suppose to measure this thing with the brake drums on or off, but its nowhere near the 68" the 4x4 14 bsf is suppose to be. I'm going to measure my 10 bolt before i get any farther with this. As for what they would have come on i have no idea.

Last edited:

99COOP

Reaction score
what 2wd's had 14 bolts? and wouldn't the 2wd axles have 5 lugs instead of 6 or 8 lugs?

2500 light duty trucks have 14 bolts and are 2 wheel drive (c2500)

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157496&highlight=14+bolt,+14bsf,

the measurements are there. the spring perches are right but I'm not totally sure if I'm suppose to measure this thing with the brake drums on or off, but its nowhere near the 68" the 4x4 14 bsf is suppose to be. I'm going to measure my 10 bolt before i get any farther with this. As for what they would have come on i have no idea.

yea measure the 10 bolt to see, i dont know the measurement off hand. You can always lengthen the axle tubes but unfortunately its a lot more work.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could sell it on GMFS to someone who wants one for a PreRunner setup or with a lifted 2wd.

Reaction score
liftedvictory on GMFS has a 2wd 14sf on his obs. It looks good. cant notice

he did put spacers in there and he beats on it and its holding up great.

94blu1500

Rocky Hock Offroad
Reaction score
I'm probably going to try and sell it and find a 4x4 axle, really dont want to mess with spacers and aluminum rims.

Bama2door

Reaction score
Why sell it? Just run wheel spacers, it would save you the hassle of having to sell it and then find a 4x4 14bsf

99COOP

Reaction score
the down side to having the 2wd axle besides running spacers is that you have to cut the spring perches off and relocate them, as well as the shock brackets. Compared to the 4x4 which is just a drop in for the obs.