14 Bolt SF Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94blu1500

Rocky Hock Offroad
Reaction score
run the g80 in the 14sf... shouldnt break it

Opened my rear end today found a open carrier and a set of 3.73 gears... anyway no big deal it will work great with the 33s if i can find a matching front differential in the next few days, if not i can get a 3.42 ring and pinion quck and easy. anybody know for sure if a 99 tahoe front diff will fit in my truck?

94blu1500

Rocky Hock Offroad
Reaction score
Well I finally got all my stuff together last month and got the axle under the truck. I didn't get any pics of the rebuild, removal, and installation but i got all new bearings, a detroit truetrac, a buddy of mine had a 3.42 gear set in great shape, a conversion u-joint, and new u-bolts. I came home from work and all but removed the 10 bolt. the next day i slid to old axle out and slid the 14 bolt under the truck with some help from my brother. everything went smooth from there on and almost everything fell into place, i had some trouble with a brake line but I snatched one off the 10 bolt and bent it slightly to make it work with the 14 bolt. The emergency brake cables were next and the originals that were with the truck fit perfectly. I did have to have a conversion u-joint (precision 447). So far I'm very happy with the larger brakes and the performance of the truetrac, i really want a mag hytec diff cover to put on this thing but I'll have to wait until i can find one used or on scratch and dent sale. I've only got one picture of the axle but if anybody needs a specific picture i'll see what i can do. I also pulled the truck at the local truck pull last week and everything held together for a pull of 189'. :rocking:

(Edit: Forgot I had one pic before i put the cover back on)
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: