10 to 14 bolt rear axel swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmp417

Reaction score
I am not sure if this is posted some place already but I would like to know if I can do this rear axel swap. I have a 98 two door Yukon 1500 4x4 with the 6.5 diesel and 10 bolt rear. I would like to know if the 14 bolt rear out of a 1500 4x4 pickup would bolt right in to my truck. I know I need to match up the gears which are 3.73's but would the spring mounts all line up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe as long as the gears are the same between the front and rear - it should bolt up alright. I have never done it, but just from reading past threads I found that swapping it should be pretty direct.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll be doing this swap this spring (already have the rear.) You will need either a conversion u-joint or 3/4 ton driveshaft and the bigger u-bolts/plates. Other than that it should be direct.

jmp417

Reaction score
Basically what I need to know is if the 4x4 pick up frame is the same as the 4x4 Yukon frame so it will be a direct bolt in.....