'09 Crown Vic Police Interceptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm lucky there. Aggravating as hell though. I'm just going to try to get it open and get the door panel off and beat the snot out of it. Hopefully I can free up the lock and latch mechanism. Having the window go up and down would be a bonus.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The door on my son's Crown Vic is bent at the top doesn't completely close. In cold weather he wears an insulated suit to and from work. I keep telling him we can get a new door cheap, but he hasn't decided it's important enough. There's at least five good doors at Pull-A-Part. Ugh.

Sorry to hear you're having to deal with unexpected body repair. That always sucks.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was the surprise guest in a local demolition derby this morning.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Clicked on "liked," but we should really have a "unlike" option!

Sorry to hear that. What happened?

On the bright side, if you pick up a white replacement door from the wrecking yard, you will more likely be confused with real cop car...

1ton-o-fun

Reaction score
I keep telling him we can get a new door cheap,...There's at least five good doors at Pull-A-Part.

Complete door for about $55. I've already scoped it out, lol!
Being so roomy and comfortable, it's the "go to" vehicle for most drives anywhere. Especially for my mother in law's doctor appointments. Wheelchair and oxygen tanks don't phase the trunk. Ironically, I worry weekly about those appointments, because my wife is the driver while I'm home asleep (I work nights). I'm not bashing women driver by any means, but THIS particular woman has wrecked every car she's owned. No joke. Hell, our first date she knocked the rearview mirror off her passenger door on the way to meet me. So I guess my punishment was to get hit in a hit and run... go figure.

1ton-o-fun

Reaction score
On the bright side, if you pick up a white replacement door from the wrecking yard, you will more likely be confused with real cop car...

Lol! It actually used to be a "black & white" patrol car in Bloomington Indiana's fleet. One thing about where I live, the cop cars are battleship gray. Never seen a black detective car here either. 90% of the time people don't look at me twice.