How Much Can YOU Haul IN 1/2 Ton???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
People overload their trucks all the time, every now and then it fails and someone gets really hurt.

Bad idea.

like with anything, you have to be careful and pay attention and not put yourself in a position where it could be fatal if somethin ever were to fail....

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, in the three years I've owned this Sierra (Red/Silver), the three heaviest things I've towed were a 1995 Chevrolet Caprice (~55 miles), 1998 Honda Odyssey (~8 miles) and a 1993 Chevy Astro (~10 miles). Did it all with no problems.

As far as actually hauling....I'd say the heaviest thing I ever hauled in it was a ~500 pound solid walnut executive desk. Did it all in stride, didn't even know I had it in there.

My old GMC (solid red)....God knows how much heavy stuff dad hauled in it.

The heaviest thing it ever towed (keep in mind, 14 bolt rear, 4.3L V6, and the NV3500...) was a Case IH 7250 tractor on a 30' flatbed trailer. The tractor weighs 18,500 pounds, and the trailer (I would think) would weigh at least 4 tons.

So we're talking about a C2500 with a 4.3L and a NV3500 towing a load weighing 13-14 tons. It was about a 100 mile trip, but it had to be done. By the time the truck was done, dad decided to get a new 2000 Chevy K2500 with the 5.7L.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Had a two hundred and fifty gallon tank of water filled in the back of mine- anyone feel like doing the math on that? Either that it was a 500... I honestly don't remember. I just know it looked like a lot and was a little loose in the front!

gunz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes, on a dual axle car trailer...I had retaining block on it

So you overloaded the truack adn overloaded the trailer? Most car trailers are 7k trailers. Few go up to 10K. Still at 10 K lks, 5.5 tons is way overloaded. I do see this as possible. Are you sure the scales were right?

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you overloaded the truack adn overloaded the trailer? Most car trailers are 7k trailers. Few go up to 10K. Still at 10 K lks, 5.5 tons is way overloaded. I do see this as possible. Are you sure the scales were right?

yes im sure both scales and math mathematical calculations were right....the truck and trailer were drove aproximately 5 miles....this same car trailer that I have over loaded numerous times even has haulled 2-3 cars (crushed) at a time when scrap was at an all time high, once when my family first got the trailer we haulled a 350D dozer with a pat blade and ripper however that bent the axles a little so they were replaced... care to see a picture of the stone thaat was used for this wall? its 4 block high and runs well over 70 feet in length... I am not trying to look macho by saying "Oh im macho and haul more than any yall" because I really could care less this isnt a pissing match

gunz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
like with anything, you have to be careful and pay attention and not put yourself in a position where it could be fatal if somethin ever were to fail....

Loading stuff like you claim to, There is no SAFE way to do it. You overloading your truck, your trailer, and braking D.O.T. laws left and right. It's dangerous and downright irrespobnsible.