How Much Can YOU Haul IN 1/2 Ton???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In my 93' ext. cab I load up with a overhead camper and my fishing boat behind it. Camper alone about 800# When loaded with firewood and all my sh** closer to 1,100
Boat 800#s Thats the max for me. The last trip had the springs about 1" off the stops, so I upgraded to a 3/4 ton HD leaf pack I wanted to still have a little more travel in the rear next time. :rockit::

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hauled almost 2000Lbs of landscaping stuff into my old 93....it hated me and I had the tires at 80psi to keep them from going flat. I wouldnt do that at all again. You should be fine, youd probably at worst have about 1200-1300lbs on the truck so no problem.

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No it hauls all of that no problem I am just wondering if their is any other crazy's in here like me, the tags say no overhead campers because of the gvw. 2000 # thats alot, 80 psi what size tires???

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hauled a ton of pellets several times in the bed of my old 93 rcsb, 5 speed, 4.3. It didnt like it on the bigger hills but she went.

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I first hauled the camper with my c1500 the sway was horrible but part of that was it attached to the bed I fabbed some brackets to change the mounts so it attached to the frame took most of it away so I did the same with this truck and it works perfect the next time I have it on I will put some pics up

bggrnchvy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were 265 75 16s, e load rated tires though. I wouldnt haul a camper in a truck without dualies simply because I think the sway would be awful, but thats just me.

With a super light 800lb camper it should be bad at all. Even then, provided the tires can handle the weight of the camper you're hauling an overload leaf pack makes a huge difference in sway, SRW or DRW.

My buddy hauls a 9.5' S&S which is ~3klbs dry in SRW Dodge, but he's running 19.5 wheels and tires to handle the weight. He added some aftermarket overload packs and it handles just fine going down the road with his built K5 on a trailer tagging behind.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Hmmm, heaviest trailer load woulda been the tandem axle trailer loaded with a mud bogger and a car hauler behind it in tandem. Heaviest bed load woulda been with the 4 v8's set back there....ofcourse I only had to go a very short distance(200yards) and I was riding rigid the whole way. Boy was that fun, it looked like the tires were flat. Things people do to their work trucks, eh? :crazy: