Tire PSI for hauling firewood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ian Andrew

Reaction score
I had a niece and nephew killed in a single car accident. The coroner stated that the tyre pressure was not correct or even front to rear. This was the cause for loss of control. Ever since I have been **** about having tyres at the same and correct pressure. As many have mentioned, and I have a 92 K2500 Silverado as well, turning and braking have very dynamic effect that's different from the factory test track that they are tested on. And you've decided to push the limits of weight as well. Good luck and safe travels.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I ended up doing 78psi front and rear. Here's a picture of it fully loaded:

You must be registered for see images attach

Whoever said make sure the brakes were perfect was totally right. I didn't check them, because if I did, they would be bad, so I gave myself a proper eighth mile big rig stopping distance on the highway which worked out well for me. It made everyone else on the interstate absolutely irate, but I'm pretty sure they started that way.

Here she is at the destination:
You must be registered for see images attach

Tires gained between 2.5 and 3.5 psi during the trip, so I just about nailed max psi. I aired down to 55psi when I unloaded, felt good and drove nice the whole time both ways.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I aired down to 55psi when I unloaded, felt good and drove nice the whole time both ways.

TPI upgrade for the win! Before you adopted it, that truck was in worse condition than
a lot of the trucks already in the Treasure Yard. Looks like it was standing proud in those
chore truck photos.

Don't know what it is, but my favorite photos are of GMT400s working hard & earning
their keep. Nice.

:waytogo:

Last edited: