WTB: Z56 Police 2wd Edition Tahoe NY/NJ/PA Area or 2wd 4 Door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tru, I'll still keep an eye out. Selling my pickup so im on classifieds more often now

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
just replace the gauge cluster and get a programer and make your own z56 LOL i dont see any differences other than no roof rack, gauges and they probably have speed governor removed or raised. i got a computer from one but have yet to test it out on speed.LOL i have the cluster for sale.

DroppedAsAChild

OBS Hoarder
Reaction score
just replace the gauge cluster and get a programer and make your own z56 LOL i dont see any differences other than no roof rack, gauges and they probably have speed governor removed or raised. i got a computer from one but have yet to test it out on speed.LOL i have the cluster for sale.

How come everytime someone posts somethign about special editions such as the Tahoe limited or the z56 tahoe, you think its just bolt on stuff and cosmetic?? Both those vehicles have other things that make them special and have several upgrades more then appearance. PPV and z56 tahoes and limiteds have alot of chassis and suspension and cooling system and braking upgrades.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
ya know the last few limiteds and police package hoes ive looked at i havent seen anything special! sway bars look the same as any other tahoe rear sway bar, the fronts the same too. the brakes didnt look any larger on the front, (and you can do a 2500 caliper upgrade anyways) and the rear brakes are an inch bigger or so but so are the 2500s. hell the axle i have on my trailer was from a 2500 suburban and it has the larger brake drums. but only other thing i noticed different was the roof rack was shaved! same brake booster not even a hydroboost. and the only larger oil cooler ive seen was on the 454s.
i just dont see that many modifications to make a clone real simple! who wants it an inch lower? we want lower than that. hell my trucks worn springs probably had a inch drop already. LMFAO
i thought you was right until i seen a tahoe and a limited side by saide as well as the police z56 next to another suburban.

ForeverFalcon40

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There really is no real gain for me in getting both limited and /or z56. Z56 I prefer due to Cluster (Which I already have one), DRL OFF Switch (I would Wire to Activate my train horns), NO Rear A/C (Shared by the limited too where I can Fit my Air Compressor and Tank in those panels), Also the Z56 is gutted so it make for an easy interior swap. The limited which I was against cutting up is desirable b/c they come in black (which matches my truck) and has barn doors which is what I want. I will be able to sell off all exterior body parts and upgraded interior to help cover the extra costs. Beggers can not be chooser's and I am sorry if I offended OBS Originalists but I HAVE TO EAT TOO and I have traveled way to many times to be lied to.

The point being...that I have taken my truck to point that I will never re-coop any money and time as well seeing any USEFUL (benefit from driving the too). A lot of members want to go lower and/or faster which makes stock upgrades useless.