Would you drive 2300 miles based on these conditions -

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FarmerPhil

Reaction score
Just thought of another road trip tip...
Find a way to disable that truck every night. A well hidden kill switch is best but there are other ways to at least slow the tweakers down.
Nothing will ruin a road trip faster than a stolen truck in some podunk little town

No kidding. Damn... a sign of the times. All I’ve got is the club lock

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
No kidding. Damn... a sign of the times. All I’ve got is the club lock
Yes we had kill switch on all our square Burbs, and you have to be a little more careful about the motels you stay at than you used to. There's a couple of car shows that we go to, that we have one or two motels that we will stay at, because they are well lit and have good security. When you've got a trailer with most of your stuff in it and cash in pockets, it pays to be safe!

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep. The club barely even slows them down.
They just cut through the steering wheel.
And they all know about kill switches so you need to be pretty inventive about the placement.
I use multiple methods. Some to kill it while you are in the store and others to really kill it overnight.
GMs are ridicoulusely easy to steal.
And, dont forget to look at your license plates too.
They will steal your plates and replace them with another set of stolen plates so you dont notice.
This happened to my Dad many years ago.
They swapped the plates from his truck with a set they had used in a bank robbery.
He got pulled out and slammed on the ground and it took us 2 days and the most evil lawyer I could find to get him out.
He was 65 and Diabetic and they gave no ***** at all about any of that.
He was also 6'6" and about 280.
Suspect was about 5'11" and 140 and described as in his twenties.
No ***** given.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
I’m getting ready to post the truck for sale! W my hopeful sale price and my budget, I’m thinking I’ll treat myself to a 09-12 Silverado crew cab 4x4 - most likely w 120-140k miles.

wish me luck!

Hate to see it/you go... it's a good looking truck. I hope it finds a worthy owner.
Congrats on the budget increase! Mine netted me a nearly 300k mile '93 C3500 recently.:D