Work truck/Cheyenne interior interchangeability?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Louie31

Reaction score
I have a 93 Cheyenne with the stripped interior like the Work trucks have. I remember at some certain point, my dad and I had one of each interior back then. His being the WT and mine being the upgraded one. From what I vaguely remember is that the interior with trim doesn’t quite “bolt in” with the stripped interior. I have now the Cheyenne with the stripped interior and want to swap it basically with actual trim like the A pillars and the rear pillars. Is it possible or am I basically stuck with just basically the speaker grills.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
What body style? Standard, Crew or Ex-Cab?
The '95+ reg cabs were mostly the stripped down versions, same as the earlier trucks.
I installed all those 'Deluxe Trim' plastics in my RCSB '98.
Had to get the matching headliner as it's wider than the one in the basic interior trucks. It goes right out to the edges of the door openings & the ends of that are covered by the 'A' pillar pieces. It's also shorter, Fr>Rr, due to that large overhead plastic part with the O/H light in it. Grab that light socket & lens from the donor, too. IIRC, it's the same as the one you have now, but it's been a long time. Better safe than sorry.
The front of the H/L is held with 4 tabs of velcro. When removing the H/L, the side glued to the panel will usually pull off & remain on the other side of the velcro glued to the roof. Make sure that you get those. They can be glued back onto the H/L panel.
If you get that 'Oh ****' handle on the passenger side 'A' pillar, you'll have to drill the bracket's welds off of the donor. Or make up one. Measure the position 3x. The measure it again!
The long 'B' pillar plastics can be a pain to remove from where they fit into that large overhead one. They have to removed from the bottom first & then slid out from the top one. Don't try to get that top one off first. Most people that try to remove those do that first & end up breaking the upper tabs on the 'B's. Good luck finding a decent set that's not broken.
Don't worry about the color. My trim pieces came out of 3 different trucks. 3 different colors. I just dyed them all before the install.
When it does come to the install, there is no need to drill any holes. They're already there for all the clips.
Speaking of clips, be prepared to to have to buy some. Or gather a selection from the wreckers. Figure 2x the amount rquired. If they don't get screwed up during removal, they will on the install.

You must be registered for see images attach

Louie31

Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to mention body style. It’s a regular cab. So Im able to use the 94-98 years as well? I was just gonna paint them with some lacquer spray paint.. Might have to dye the dash since I’ve had a problem with both my end Air vents and glove box becoming sticky even after sitting in 100 degree AZ weather. I’ll try and get some pictures today of the interior. All I remember seeing was the speaker grills and door sills.

What body style? Standard, Crew or Ex-Cab?
The '95+ reg cabs were mostly the stripped down versions, same as the earlier trucks.
I installed all those 'Deluxe Trim' plastics in my RCSB '98.
Had to get the matching headliner as it's wider than the one in the basic interior trucks. It goes right out to the edges of the door openings & the ends of that are covered by the 'A' pillar pieces. It's also shorter, Fr>Rr, due to that large overhead plastic part with the O/H light in it. Grab that light socket & lens from the donor, too. IIRC, it's the same as the one you have now, but it's been a long time. Better safe than sorry.
The front of the H/L is held with 4 tabs of velcro. When removing the H/L, the side glued to the panel will usually pull off & remain on the other side of the velcro glued to the roof. Make sure that you get those. They can be glued back onto the H/L panel.
If you get that 'Oh ****' handle on the passenger side 'A' pillar, you'll have to drill the bracket's welds off of the donor. Or make up one. Measure the position 3x. The measure it again!
The long 'B' pillar plastics can be a pain to remove from where they fit into that large overhead one. They have to removed from the bottom first & then slid out from the top one. Don't try to get that top one off first. Most people that try to remove those do that first & end up breaking the upper tabs on the 'B's. Good luck finding a decent set that's not broken.
Don't worry about the color. My trim pieces came out of 3 different trucks. 3 different colors. I just dyed them all before the install.
When it does come to the install, there is no need to drill any holes. They're already there for all the clips.
Speaking of clips, be prepared to to have to buy some. Or gather a selection from the wreckers. Figure 2x the amount rquired. If they don't get screwed up during removal, they will on the install.

You must be registered for see images attach

Louie31

Reaction score