work truck A pillar trim?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey all,

I tried flipping around on the LMC website, but that always leaves me with the feeling that I want to punch a webdev in the face. Wanna just browse stuff, not deal with a giant select my truck popup. All I seen was pod pillars anyhow.

Anyhow, does anyone know if the work trucks had their own A pillar trim that was made to look better without a headliner? I haven't owned a work truck model, I'm not even 100% sure if they came without headliners, but I seem to recall special A pillar trim for GM trucks without headliners. Cant remember though if it was OBS, or squarebody, might even be both.

Clicked around on the forum here, and seen some pics, but nothing definitive, could have missed it.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Been too many years but I had several trucks that were the bare bones interior package. They were parts trucks. No B-pillar plastics, just a little grille over the speaker. They had headliners, but it was just a piece of white perforated vinyl. I want to say that due to this, they still had the same A-pillar plastics that reached back along the roofline portion of the door opening. Memory is vague though so I could be wrong.

Richard

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The W/T trucks have A pillar trim that does not transition to the profile of the roof of the cab by the headliner. Here is my ‘92 W/T:
You must be registered for see images attach

It also doesn’t have the B pillar trim. If it did, then the A pillar trim would meet with the B pillar trim. This truck originally had the white vinyl headliner.

The Silverados should have it. Here is my ‘94. It’s a bit harder to see in this photo but it’s all I have at this time. You can see where it runs across the headliner.
You must be registered for see images attach

I frequently see WTs in the salvage yard. If you are looking for some I can possibly get them for you. Color is not guaranteed. I am not sure when I’ll be going to the yard again.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, I couldn't remember. I do remember the perforated vinyl headliners and figured if it had the headliner it would need the regular A-pillar plastic to help retain it, but your pics do show otherwise.

Richard

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I frequently see WTs in the salvage yard. If you are looking for some I can possibly get them for you. Color is not guaranteed. I am not sure when I’ll be going to the yard again.
Thank you for the pictures, awesome that's exactly what I was looking for. Have been eliminating a lot of the fluff in mine, the trim was just gonna look wonky without a headliner. Bedliner floors, etc. Country truck.

I'm kinda out here in BFE Kansas, offhand I don't know where I would even find a set at, but winter is going to take away all the fun truck funds untill things warm up. I appreciate that offer though, thank you again. Technically color wouldn't matter, started redoing it all in black anyhow.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My son's truck has the rubber floor and work truck front clip, but has a full interior. I'm not sure that it's an actual "W/T". Is there an RPO code for that? Or was that just a badge they put on some stripped-down trucks? My son's truck also has the pushbutton A/C and a radio, so I know it's not a base, base model.

Shwa Kid

Reaction score
Thanks, I couldn't remember. I do remember the perforated vinyl headliners and figured if it had the headliner it would need the regular A-pillar plastic to help retain it, but your pics do show otherwise.

Richard
It had the push clip "christmas tree" clips through the headliner and inner layer of cab roof in that area, plus a few across the front rather than the velcro pads.