Won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rojo

Reaction score
If you have to have punctuation or perfect spelling don't read I'm not here for English class or whatever it's called these days. I just put new heads on my truck and it won't start all wires are plugged in fuel is pumping all the sounds it makes before it starts are there I always do a slow key start to make sure all systems are working like fuel pump injector bank and then crank it the only thing it will do is turn on check engine light oil light the normal lights when you go to start your vehicle but no radio until I plug a Walmart code reader then the radio comes on I have the bafx dongle with same results do I need to reset my ECM

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Year? Engine? TBI? Vortec? Carb? Diesel? Some other injection system? Some people need a bit of info like that before they can give any help.

Rojo

Reaction score
It would help it's a 96 Silverado vortec. i got everything back together it won't turn over. the radio is coming on now

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have started any electric diagnosis on starting circuit? Grounds any heavy gauge power hooked and tight? Was starter in good condition? Start with basics, recheck your work, even Nascar gods miss a screw or bolt. :doh2:

Rojo

Reaction score
I did get it to start had to make a jumper and use it at the relay but un plugged the battery to reset the ecm and same problem no radio or interior lights until I plugged up my scanner then everything clicked and come on but still no start still no crank over to start but I did get it running with a jumper at the starter relay