Cranks but won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sneakingfart

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have a harbor freight near you, they have fuel pressure testers that are not expensive. Or Amazon. Approach this systematically. Fuel pressure bad? You have your answer. Otherwise check power to injectors. And so on. Because otherwise we're just guessing.

sneakingfart

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
One other thing that comes to mind. We have been neglecting the spark component of this, because we are assuming you have spark based on what you said earlier. But do you have spark on all 8 cylinders? And out of curiosity, your new plugs, how do they look? Are they wet by any chance?

cplanubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the tbi's or notorious for the ignition control module going bad.
just keep that in mind even if you do have spark

Billingstitan

Reaction score
Before you go the fuel route, check your spark from plugs to distributor

Bet you a six-pack it’s somewhere in your ignition components

I dunno why, but our earlier model gmt’s seem to eat ignitions—usually the ICM, but mine’s gone through a coil & two distributors over ten years or so (granted, it was not maintained at all when I got it)

Cleaning all that up & doing the big three narrows it down quickly

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are the injectors actually spraying fuel at all?
Have you checked the injector pulse fuse?
It is always worth replaceing the injector pigtails.
They get very brittle when they are old and it is just a bad location to have a wire pop loose and have a spark happen.