Wiper Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good to know that you got it all fixed, and we appreciate that you took the time to let us know how you solved the problem. This will stick in my memory and may be handy some day.

Reaction score
I fixed mine also. Brake light & wiper issue. I added a new ground from frame to motor, frame to cab still nothing. Then I added a ground wire to my wiper motor ground and wala, both work now. These trucks are very picky with grounds

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If your wiper motor itself needed a ground ran to it, you either have a problem with the circuit board connector (super common and a dead simple fix) or you have one of your factory ground wires damaged/disconnected.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
okay it was grounds all along, i did some further digging and the stud where the cylinder head ground and the frame ground meet had become loose from the firewall, and making a poor ground at times. i wiggled it and had no issues with the wipers. So i found a new spot on the fire wall and scraped the paint and put a bolt in. I also had issues with my brake lights when i was having the wiper issues. Now its all working correctly.
Thanks for posting back. As I said almost always a ground issue.

Richard