Bizzare signal issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PistonPopper

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new. Just recently I've been having an issue with my 90' C1500 5.7 signals, when using them previously they've been fine but today they started functioning intermittently. I hear the clicking but the signals on the dash and outside will not engage. It happens intermittently, and alternates sides. Sometimes I have to click the stock multiple times to get the signal functioning again. Wipers have also been functioning improperly, but work. Believe it may be related and needs a signal stock replacement? Any help and replies are greatly appreciated, thanks

Last edited:

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, Both signals and wipers.
On the '90 they are separate switches operated by the same stem. I'm thinking it's the stem that's worn causing the wiper problem but another part in there that is held to the signal switch by a screw that is causing that problem. Could be that screw has worked loose. You are gonna have to pull the steering wheel and column lock plate to get in there and investigate.