Wiper Cowl Screws

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a quick question about which screws go where. On the diagram it shows #5 screws are needed, but there is short and long. I called them and they have no idea. Can someone tell me how many of each I need and where they go? Someone used different screws on mine. Thanks

You must be registered for see images attach

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The screw sizes (and GM part numbers if you need them) are in the table...

M4.2x1.41x16 and M4.2x1.41x25 with the last numbers being the length in millimeters.

Maybe this will help and you can get some cheap locally. Sorry, no idea on quantity.

Mr_white_obs

Reaction score
I had a quick question about which screws go where. On the diagram it shows #5 screws are needed, but there is short and long. I called them and they have no idea. Can someone tell me how many of each I need and where they go? Someone used different screws on mine. Thanks

It looks like the long screws are used to go through numbers 2 and 4 as well as the panel... I'd guess only 1 per side for a grand total of 2 long screws. But of course the Quantity is labeled "As Required" so you might just have to look at the truck and figure it out.

This picture seems to suggest only 2 short screws through each side of the cowl and then the additional hold for the long screw that also goes through the upper piece.

But that's all just guess work...

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
are these the screws that are famous for leaking? if not which ones in the diagram are the culprit? I have the leak in the sierra... its winter time so I'm not guna fund it any time soon... I have seen the water. Grrrrrr!

Al

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
are these the screws that are famous for leaking? if not which ones in the diagram are the culprit? I have the leak in the sierra... its winter time so I'm not guna fund it any time soon... I have seen the water. Grrrrrr!

Al
Oh I would like to know which ones are famous for leaking. I have not had the issue yet luckily....

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the long ones go on the ends. I’ve removed them before, but couldn’t get the interior ones out due to heads being stripped.

drumsdaddy

Reaction score
I removed my cowl recently for new wiper arms. Snapped the thing in two and I'll repair later. The end panels are the long ones like Erin said and the other 3 are short. Mine were rusted at the head and I had to use an easy out to remove them. I replaced all 5 with stainless steel since the screws sit in a cavity. Hardware store will have what you need. Good luck!