Winter grille cover for 95?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know of a winter cover for the 95 GMC w/t(if it matters)? The truck takes about 30 minutes to get to 150 ish sitting. Driving, the needle will bounce between 165 ish and 210, with a new 205 tstat. I've got the 4.3, and iirc, the radiator is the same between it and the 350, and the little 6 just can't put out enough heat to keep it warm, even below freezing on the highway

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Lanny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cardboard behind your grill is the cheap way to do it. Id be a little surprised if anyone still made covers for them but you might be able to make one work from a different newer vehicle.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Surprise!!!
I have the technology & the experience to make winter-fronts.
They're actually pretty simple to stitch up. Even with little flaps/doors that can be opened or closed so as to regulate the temp in the rad, depending how cold the outside temperatures are.

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was actually thinking about doing it myself. Get some vinyl, make a trace of the grill, and go.

I'd prefer to not go cardboard...

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Surprise!!!
I have the technology & the experience to make winter-fronts.
They're actually pretty simple to stitch up. Even with little flaps/doors that can be opened or closed so as to regulate the temp in the rad, depending how cold the outside temperatures are.
With that being said... If one were to commission you to make said winter front, how much would one run?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
All depends on how fancy you want to get.
Some are just made with vinyl with some type of attatchments. The attatchment method can be either with straps + velcro &/or snaps that wrap around in behind the grille shell, (No modification to the grille shell.) or with snaps that are actually in the winter-front itself. This one requires drilling into the grille shell for the male 1/2 of the snaps.
The vinyl can just be straight up vinyl or vinyl with a 1/2" polyfoam padding sewn onto the backside with a 2nd protective material, creating a sandwich of vinyl/foam/backing.
The first style is fairly inexpensive.
The 2nd requires more stitch time, but with that I can get creative. Usually for the semi-truckers, they want a diamond stitched pattern, which allows for the inclusion of flaps that can opened or closed, held in either position with snaps/velcro, allowing for air flow. I prefer the snaps for this as velcro can get filled with road crud, minimizing it's holding ability.
From there, the design can be customized with logos such as Chevy bow-Ties, 'GMC' or anything else you'd like. Mostly, the logos are stitched into one of the corners as the flaps get stitched into the center.
I've stitched 'No-Fear' eyes, owners names or their truck's name, company logos &/or designs, cartoon characters, VW running Rabbits, spears, swords, etc. etc. The limit is your imagination. ...and the depth of your pockets!
But the fancier they get, the more time on the machine, & of course, the price goes up from there.

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't really care about flaps or anything fancy. Maybe a diamond stitch pattern. I don't really care about how it attaches, but like you, I'm drawn more to snaps, and partially towards ones that I'd need to drill into the grill to mount the other half.

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
GMC, with the 4x6 single sealed beam lights, not sure if it's actually a w/t, there's no w/t badging

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Hey Sewlow, have you ever tried 3M Dual Lock instead of snaps or hook-and-loop?