Which stereo to buy.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I tried like hell to put a unit where the OE stereo was. I even cut some od rhe dash, and I could never get it to fit. Ended up with a plastic pocket there and a single DIN under the AC vents. Pioneer has been good to me for many years. Have a bluetooth head unit, pioneer speakers in the doors, and rear A pillers. Should have put 6X9s in the doors. It would have taken a little customizing but would have been worth it. May amp 680 watt is also Pioneer, pushing 1-10 Sony explode in a custom box that I bought and its bed liner coated on the out side. This system has been in my 97 for a very long time. When I had my 93 WT SCLB I had a similar set up.

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
It's been so long since I've done anything stereo, I completely forgot about high pass filters. In fact I had to go look it up! :banghead:

HEY! I remember this guy!:guile-1:Good Old Duke.

Ken

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I was thinking about making a slightly wider dash surround to allow a 1 din or a din and a half to go into the dash. I would also move the HVAC controls over to the right as well making room for a charge port or stereo remote. There is enough room to move the dash surround without hitting the center hvac vent in the center of the dash. I will have to make the part behind a bit taller before it curves down to meet the dash. In fact I am thinking of making the whole thing as wide as the dash.
I will post after I actually do something!

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Get one that has an high band number EQ meaning 5 or more levels to be able to adjust. The more levels the better to truly get the sound your looking for! Your sound will best increase that way! Way more than doing anything else to have bigger sound people always think I stuffed all these speakers and paid tons of money but if sound has no melody meaning flow of how sound hits you it’ll just be a waste. And you can more fine tune sound to your ears! My absolute favorite song is “in the air tonight” Phil Collins when his voice hits that first super high synthesized note just before drum drop if you have your eq set right old speakers will still give you decent sound. That song should be a little bit piercing highs and then clean crisp drum drop! If what you put in handles that song at high volume you sir have your stereo in check!!! And all songs will be pretty much in tune and not needing eq adjustment every other song. but a great head unit is key! auto eq settings do not give good eq’d sound it’s always lacking highs or lows mostly highs in most all settings. But speakers are good to update try keeping your speakers rms# higher than watts out put so not to blow speakers. Component speakers are going to be best but not as quick and easy as all in 1 speaker.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a Alpine with three sets of RCA jacks in the back its easier to connect Amps like I have.

Read up on Bi Amp