Car stereo in dash pocket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am looking to fit a car stereo in my 88 to 94 obs. where the stock radio used to go or where you put the dash pocket. I know it’s been done just wondering what radio they are using and what mods need to be done. I don’t want a stereo like classic industries sells ( I want something with some features like CarPlay and it can answer calls. and I don’t want to put one in the middle of the dash under the heater vent either

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am looking to fit a car stereo in my 88 to 94 obs. where the stock radio used to go or where you put the dash pocket. I know it’s been done just wondering what radio they are using and what mods need to be done. I don’t want a stereo like classic industries sells ( I want something with some features like CarPlay and it can answer calls. and I don’t want to put one in the middle of the dash under the heater vent either
I don’t want these

You must be registered for see images attach

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My measurement are really tight I have about just under 7” wide and under 4” tall

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They have s shallow mount alpine w650 and kenwood 706X shallow mount stereos but they are a tiny to wide

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I call crucified and they found a radio that may work. The remote screen measures 6 3/4 x 3 3/4. I it comes with a 1 foot cord so you can put the main unit anywhere. I ordered the 5 foot cable just in case the 1 foot is to short. Now I just have mount it inside the store box and possibly cut the bezel.

Last edited:

Insert Quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Post pics please, I'm curious how that Pioneer fits.

The only radios I've found so far that are anywhere close to fitting are marine radios.

I'm probably gonna end up recapping my stock components, reflow the solder, and get a Dayton Audio 408DSP. That is supposed to have a high input which would be from the stock radio, plus an optional Bluetooth so I could use the phone as a source unit as well.

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any idea what brand/model that is? I can't make it out in the pic.
I went to his web site and found out its just a video monitor, not an actual stereo. Its part of the Alpine TME series video monitors.It’s been discontinued. They do come up on eBay every so often for about $50. But the cords are always missing.

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Post pics please, I'm curious how that Pioneer fits.

The only radios I've found so far that are anywhere close to fitting are marine radios.

I'm probably gonna end up recapping my stock components, reflow the solder, and get a Dayton Audio 408DSP. That is supposed to have a high input which would be from the stock radio, plus an optional Bluetooth so I could use the phone as a source unit as well.
I will post pics when I get it installed. I did like the kicker marine stereo. The outside dimensions are 3.5 x 5.5. It has Bluetooth, but I wanted a touch screen, apple car play and to be able to use my phone. Seems like all marine radios have limited features. But the bad part about using most of the new touch screens like the pioneers,they have a park brake feature the limits some of the screen features unless it’s engaged. I will just have to bypass that.

Last edited: